Can you read the road name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you read the road name?

I have a marraige i found on ancestry of my grandads half brother, but the address is not easy to read ;

Oliver Sweet to Emma Hetty Slade on 6th June 1915 at St Pauls Church, Islington, London.

I know this is the correct marriage as the father John Richard Samuel Sweet is correct .
    The address looks like Caffenham/Coddenham or the like .

link to image here-;

- Ancestry.co.uk

Hi Peter - I would say "Cottenham".

Have you tried googling on Google Maps?
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

It looks like 78 Cottenham Road to me. If you Google "Cottenham Road" you'll find plenty of hits for a Cottenham Road in London.
      Sarah

Comment

I find this site really useful for identifying London Street names. It lists those that are no longer in existence too.

Victorian London A-Z Street Index
        Sue

Comment

Another thought occured to me here that June 1915 is during the war . But as he was workering in the gas works would this have been a reservered occupation .?

Yes i did try google but i also tried Coddenham Road etc so had several choices .

Peter

Comment

Working...
          X