Resizing Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resizing Photos

Hi I wonder if anyon can help. My gran has loaned me some old photos. I've scanned them and saved them into HP Photosmart essentials 3.5. My OS is Vista and I don't have an 'external' photo programme.

I'd really like to resize the photos to a 'normal' photo size (7x5?) but don't know how or even if it's possible.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful (oh and if I can do it for free that would be even better lol)

Hugs
    Di
    xxx

Hi Di,

This link should help you: Resizing an Image in HP Photosmart Essential HP Photosmart Essential V.1.12

You can also resize in Paint, which is a program that is a standard part of Windows. To access it, click on the Start button > All Programs > Accessories > Paint.
    You can also open the image in paint by right-clicking on the image, then clicking on Open With, and then selecting Paint.
    The Resize option appears under the Image menu.

Keep in mind that once you reduce the size of an image, you can't enlarge that image again without loss of quality (it will look less sharp and more pixellated as you enlarge it).

You don't need to resize your pictures to print them though, if that's what you're wanting to do. When you go to print pictures you should have an option of printing in various sizes. :smilee:
    Sarah

Comment

Hi Dianni

If you go into your HP Photsmart Essentials click on the learn more about: Editing

That should tell you, if you go further these are the instructions for printing which will help you resize your photos

Print photos easily in different sizes and layouts!

To print photos from the Library, select photos in the Library and click Print.

You can select from the following types of photo print sizes:

• Simple Print: Offers the most common photo sizes.
      • Photo Template: Offers a variety of photo sizes in a collage format.
      Note The available sizes may vary by country/region. Depending on the print size and paper size you select, you can print more than one photo per sheet of paper.

You also have a number of layout options depending on the size of your photos and the paper size on which you are printing. Before printing you can adjust the layout of your photos. Zoom, move, rotate, or position your photo as you want to. You can also change various printer options depending on your printer. For a professional look while printing at home, use photo paper. Additionally, check your printer documentation to find out if your device supports borderless printing.

I have photosmart essentials but haven't had it long so haven't experimented with it at all yet.

I hope this helps.

Regards
      Jill

Comment

Also, if you want to resize a photo for e-mail purposes, you can do that in Windows Photo Gallery (part of Vista). When viewing a photo in Windows Photo Gallery, click on the E-mail button at the top of the page, and you'll be given resizing options to choose from (Original, Large, Medium, Small, and Smaller) before attaching the image to an e-mail.
        Sarah

Comment

I use a freebie download program Irfanview to resize and occasionally some basic editing. It
          's very quick and easy to use, gives you a range of size options or custom size. Although I have other photo editing programs I find this the easiest for resizing. Once installed it's just a right click > Open with>Irfanview

Download IrfanView

Comment

Another free prog you can download is Faststone Photo Resizer been using this for a number of weeks now and would recommend it, easy to use and good results. Will also convert most formats to JPG.
            Researching: ORRELL, HIGGINSON, LEIGH, PEET, LLOYD,GREEN. all Lancashire. PEPIN. USA. LLOYD, Canada. PEET, Victoria Australia

Comment

Thanks a million folks! I'll let you know how I get on!

Hugs
              Di
              xxx

Comment

If you have Microsoft office installed, you have the best program for your needs already, this is PhotoManager.

If you do not have Office
                I suggest IfranView as it is so easy to use and freeware (no licence needed)

Researching:
                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
                X