Burial records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burial records

I've never really got into burials....but I could do with finding where a couple were burried, is there an easy way to go about it? They died in 1950 and 1951 in Stepney London
    Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Have you looked at the Abney Park website? Abney Park Trust: <FONT color=purple>FAMILY HISTORY</FONT>
    They might be there.
    Or try the East London Cemeteries where a lot of my East London rellies ended up!
    Cemetery Information
    Sadly there is no online index for these (at least I don't think there is:emb and I think they charge to do a search:(
    Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Sue at the seaside View Post
      I've never really got into burials....but I could do with finding where a couple were burried, is there an easy way to go about it? They died in 1950 and 1951 in Stepney London
      You might have some luck in the parish records, I presume you have the address where they lived at the time of death?

failing that it would be a matter of working in a circle around the address and going through systematically all the cemeteries/crematoriums in that area.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I don't think Abney Park (in Stoke Newington) was still active then, though I may be wrong. The company that owned it went bust about 30 years ago.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

In London especially, burial sites were very overcrowded so people were often buried some way away from where they lived. I have a grandfather who lived in Stoke Newington who was buried in Southgate, and a stepgt grandfather also died in Stoke Newington who is buried in Chingford.

By the 1950s people would be more likely to be buried in big municipal cemeteries, rather than churchyards. And there's always the possibility that they were cremated.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks so much for your replies, and sorry for not coming back on this earlier. I will give them all a look.
            UJ, Abney park was still in use in the 60s, the chaplain there was my piano teacher!
            Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue at the seaside View Post
              UJ, Abney park was still in use in the 60s, the chaplain there was my piano teacher!
              I hope he got paid before the company went bust.:smilee:
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
              X