Diocese of London Consistory Court Wills index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diocese of London Consistory Court Wills index

I was googling for an address in London and came across this index which is alphabetical - it might help some people looking for their ancestors' wills.

Diocese of London Consistory Court Wills index

I hope someone finds something!

Edit - this is just for the surnames beginning C and D. I assume by substituting the letters we can access the others - off to try!

Note - I believe this might be available on the LMA website - I should have realised before I typed.
    Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 04-10-09, 17:16.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Thanks for this.

Unfortunately, however often I look, I can't force any of the names to be Harison COCK.

I find it hard to believe that he left no Will, but I haven't found one yet.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I tried substituting the letter S - but with no luck.

Has anyone else had any luck changing the letters? If so, how please

Comment

The link to the full index is here

Volunteers

Just scroll down the page a bit and click on the appropriate section. It is just an index - you have to go to the LMA (or ask someone else, Val!) to look at the microfiche version. I went through a load of mine a while back and didn't find anything that was definitely mine!! Good luck
        Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Val and George View Post
          I tried substituting the letter S - but with no luck.

Has anyone else had any luck changing the letters? If so, how please
          Don't bother to change the letters - I don't think it works!

Here is the link - scroll down if you can't see it immediately:

Volunteers
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Wow! Synchronised Posting! Could this be a new Olympic Sport for 2012:Big Grin:
            Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Sue from Southend View Post
              Wow! Synchronised Posting! Could this be a new Olympic Sport for 2012:Big Grin:
              :Big Grin: Hi Sue! We have just got back from very sunny Venice!
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:

Comment

Working...
              X