Christening Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christening Record

Where would I go if I wanted to the see the original Christening Record for this ancestry entry?

- Ancestry.co.uk

You would need to view the original parish records for Erith, Kent - which would probably be kept at the local Records Office.
    Alternatively you could possibly order the film of the parish registers from your local LDS centre.

The database that the Ancestry entry is from is the British Isles Vital Records Index - which has been done by the Church of the Latter Day Saints - very similar to the IGI.
    Elaine

Comment

You could try a local records office, family history centre or library. See the Kent page in the Wiki for some links: Kent - Family Tree Forum

Or you could order the microfilm at your local LDS family history centre:
      To find a Family History Centre near you: FamilySearch.org - Family History Centers
      Some info about ordering: https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Ord...History_Center
      Erith church records available: Topic details ('England, Kent, Erith - Church records')
      Sarah

Comment

Just come across the above reference to Thomas Allen´s birth.

I´m assuming this is the Thomas Allen who married Ada Amelia Day whose parents were Henry Allen and Rebecca Elliott and if so he was a great uncle of mine.

I´ve gone back several generations on both side.

Obviously interested in any connection

Diane

Comment

Working...
        X