Can anyone help...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help...?

Help please! I am trying to trace the deceased children of a family member, Mary Francis (nee Polly Hodson), married to Walter Francis.

According to 1911 Census she had 2 deceased children - I have traced one called Thomas born in 1907 - and the other may possibly be a Mabel Annie who died 22 March 1904 aged 27 days. According to the Overleigh Cemetery website she died at 28 William St, Hoole, Chester. The 2 children who were living as at 1911 Census were William and Ernest Francis and they were living at Seaville Buildings, Chester with their parents and grandparents.

Mary and Walter married in about 1902 but I have'nt got their marriage cert and so have no idea of any addresses they may have lived at or which Chester parish they lived in.

I also have the same problem finding deceased children with Mary's parents but one thing at a time!

I hope one of your knowledgeable mambers has access to birth/baptism records for Chester and can make a dent in this wall for me.

Many thanks
    Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Looking at FreeBDM FreeBMD - Search

The marriage took place in June qtr 1903 at Chester 8a 852

The following were Francis children who died under 1 year

Richard Francis - Mar qtr 1902 - 8a 273
    Mabel Annie Francis - Mar qtr 1904 - 8a 285
    Walter Francis - Sept qtr 1906 - 8a 239
    Thomas Francis - Dec qtr 1908 - 8a 241

died age 1
    Ernest Francis - Dec qtr 1911 - 8a 469

The indexes on ancestry don't give the maiden name of the mother before 1911.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Many thanks JBee.

I am assuming Richard is out as he died before they even married (I presume they were upright citizens!)

I have been told Thomas was one of the children who died, so the other one must be either Mabel Annie or Walter.

They did have a child Ernest in the 1911 Census so he must also have died later that year. Obviously not a very lucky family.

Would anyone be going to Chester Record Office at all?
      Interested in the following:CRUSH from Essex and London; YOUNG from Wanstead Essex and East London; HODSON from Chester; and GERAGHTY/GERRITY from Chester and Co Mayo

Comment

Hi

you can post a Record Office request on our new forum which is specifically for this purpose. (click on the link below)

Research Requests - Family Tree Forum
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Some Cheshire parish records are on the FamilySearch beta database. Mabel Annie is on there and you can view the image. It confirms that she was baptised on March 22nd 1904 (the same day that she died, poor mite) but that she was the daughter of Thomas Henry and Annie Francis of 28 William Street.

FamilySearch Record Search
          Jackie

Comment

There is a Walter Frances burial on the Overleigh database. He died aged 13 days and was buried on 8.8.1906. Address 8 Wrenches Court, St Michaels. There are no clues as to who his parents were
            Jackie

Comment

To Darksecretz and Night Owl

My thanks to you for taking the time to look this up for me. I will check out Research Requests and also the new info on Family Search.

Comment

No problems..

just happy to help :smilee:
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                X