X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cemetery: Undercliffe Cemetery, Bradford Area

Do you live in the Bradford area?
    Near Undercliffe Cemetery?
    Would you be able to take a photo of a gravestone for me?
    Upload and sent it to me?

I would be hugely greatful...

The relative is Sarah Ellen Isabella Wheeler... Died 01 Jan 1971...

Her husband named William Wheeler Died in 1959...

I have no Plot no or Ref Details...

But. If the graveyard is plotted in date order or you know the graveyard searching Graves 1959 or even 1971 would help...

Does anyone know if there is a Burial Book for Undercliffe???

Any help please???

Richard
    Suffolk

Hi Richard, I've moved your thread to the 'Research Requests' board and given it a 'Cemetery' prefix.

Comment

The Undercliffe Cemetery archive is held at West Yorkshire Archive Service, Bradford.

They were very helpful when I e-mailed them: BradfordArchives2@wyjs.org.uk .

Comment

I just wondered Mary, do you know if it is common for archives to keep photos and supply copies? I just thought what a good idea it would be if photos of graves, etc were taken, for prosperity, before they fell into disrepair.

Comment

I don't think it's common for them to have photos, no. At best you might find that a private individual or organisation has taken photos or transcribed the memorial inscriptions and put them online - councils usually just have a register with details of the burials. The best off for photos are Australians - there are loads of tombstone photos on Aus cemetery sites.

Comment

Found this book on Amazon Richard that may be of interest to you.

In Loving Memory: The Story of Undercliffe Cemetery: Amazon.co.uk: Colin Clark, Reuben Davison: Books

Comment

Hi Richard, Please let us know when you have got what you want so I can close this thread. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X