John Morris Kennedy and Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Morris Kennedy and Family

Firstly may I thank those of you who helped so much with the Levien Thompsons, I'm afraid the other side of the family the Kennedys are just as much of a problem - at least to me. My grandfather John Benjamin Kennedy (born Lambeth 1887 ) parent's were John Morris Kennedy and Emily Jane Lane.
    Have their marriage certificate, his father Benjamin Kennedy was a boilermaker hers Richard Lane made tobacco pipes. Have sent for three birth certificates for him and one for her (all wrong)and cannot progress backwards and although I can see the births of their other children Margaret 1890, Arthur 1891, Flora 1892 I cannot find them on a census to proceed forwards!
    In hope
    Di

Hi Di
    In March 1891 they were living at 1 Brunswick Grove Islington (from the 1891 baptism of one of the children). They had moved to 8 Queensland Rd Islington by 1892 or1893 the next baptism. I would have expected them to still be living at Brunswick Grove in April 1891 for the census. I trawled through the whole district but couldn't find the address. I have the London 1891 census on CDs & this is what I found " Brunswick Grove, Hornsey Rd missing after f185 RG12/177"
    Moggie
    Last edited by maudarby; 01-10-09, 17:00.

Comment

John Benjamin Kennedy's baptism shows up Sep 18, 1887, on p 88 of the baptism register of St Philip, Stepney, when they were living at 16 John's Place.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Yes, I have his birth certificate as he was my grandfather, but as for then it's a mystery.
        Di

Comment

Hi Di
          This is certainly a tough one:conf: I also found the 4 baptisms & John Morris' marriage cert on Ancestry, so we know he was born about 1865 & Emily about 1866 & they both said they lived in Bethnal Green. Do you have any other info about any of the 4 children, who they married & where or when they died which might give us some leads?
          Moggie

Comment

Kennedys

At the moment am house-sitting a 17 year old teanager and a dog and using a laptop withe a dongle which when I try to look at London deaths or anything else only gives me half a page and a lot of grey!! So am no further forward!
            Di

Comment

Hi - I was just googling 8 Queensland Road in case something came up, and they were right by what is Arsenal's football ground! ;-) Lots of numbers/occupants came up for Queensland Road, but not for number 8.

Comment

Thank-you for looking anyway.
                di

Comment

Have found the marrige of Charles Kennedy and Flora Wyatt. My John Morris Kennedy has daughters called Flora, Margaret and Charles appears in the family tree. Do you think there could be a connection or is it just a coincidence?
                  Di

Comment

Hi - could be a connection - hard to say at the moment. Where did they get married?
                    Have you managed to find anything in the 1911 census?
                    Do you think they stayed in the Bethnal Green/Stepney area?

Comment

Hi Di - going back to Emily Jane Lane, and her father, Richard -is there an address on the marriage certificate for Bethnal Green, 1885. Does it mention if their fathers were deceased?
                      You said you applied for a birth cert for an Emily Jane which was wrong - which one was it? - as there's a few on BMD born in the 1860's...West Ham, Bethnal Green etc.

Comment

Both father's alive on marriage cert, address is just Bethnal Green, although when my grandfather was born in 1887 adress was 16, St John's Place, Mile End.
                        The wrong Emily Jane was daughter of Charles who was a carpenter and they lived at 11 Baker St.
                        Di

Comment

Hi Di - not sure where Baker St is - there is an Emily Jane, reg Sept, 1861, West Ham and another reg Dec, 1867, Bethnal Green.....in 1868, there is one reg for Sept, Uxbridge. I've not dared to look at the Emily Lane's without a middle initial or name! - but there is an Emily J, reg March, 1866, Wandsworth.

Comment

Hi Di
                            This is possibly the baptism of the Emily Jane Lane, father Charles who was a carpenter, address 1 Baker Street which I think is in Mile End Old Town. Was her mother's maiden name Tress?
                            Moggie

- Ancestry.co.uk

Comment

- Ancestry.co.uk

Baptism of Margaret Jane Kennedy 1890, address 13 Baker Street.
                              Moggie

Comment

My Emily Jane's father's name was Richard. Naomi was just asking what was the father's name on the birth cert I had sent for.
                                Di

Comment

Originally posted by DiD View Post
                                  My Emily Jane's father's name was Richard. Naomi was just asking what was the father's name on the birth cert I had sent for.
                                  Di
                                  Hi Di
                                  I know you are looking for an Emily with a father named Richard but I was just curious to know the mother's maiden name of the Emily with father Charles. I think it is quite a coincidence that the Baker St address keeps popping up.
                                  Moggie

Comment

Could be a problem, looks like Jane Tratt!!!
                                    Di

Comment

Could be a problem, looks like Jane Tratt!!!
                                      Di
                                      Hi Di
                                      That's quite close to Jane Tress.

Charles Lane married Jane Tress on the 30th Sep 1867 at Saint James The Great, Bethnal Green which was after the baptism of Emily Jane. I can't find any trace of these people either before or after 1867. What is it with these Lanes?
                                      Moggie

Comment

Both father's alive on marriage cert, address is just Bethnal Green, although when my grandfather was born in 1887 adress was 16, St John's Place, Mile End.
                                        The wrong Emily Jane was daughter of Charles who was a carpenter and they lived at 11 Baker St.
                                        Di
                                        Hi - just wondered if Richard Lane was from Bethnal Green - there is one born in
                                        1845....bit of a long shot though.....I was wondering if you're going to apply for another Emily Jane birth cert Di....I know it's a bit of a gamble...
                                        Last edited by naomiatt; 07-10-09, 11:17.

Comment

Working...
                                        X