..A cheeky request...!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..A cheeky request...!!

Hello all. I have no direct access to ancestry at the moment, p.c fault.
    I would like to know the parents names of FRANK GRIFFITHS GAMBLE.
    His birth was registered at WREXHAM..SEPT..1909..
    VOL..11B..PAGE..233. Many thanks..Tony.

Hi Tony

I'm new to using Ancestry so if you jog me along I'd love to learn more and help!

I have found the index entry, all as you say, but how do I find the parents names?
    Sheila

Taking a pause from tripping the light fantastic.

Comment

in the 1911 census, in Wrexham

Joseph Thomas Gamble 45
      Jane Gamble 45
      Jack Gamble 13
      Ivy Gamble 7
      Sydney Joseph Gamble 3
      Frank K Griffiths Gamble 1

I don't have credits for fmp or the 1911 census, but found this much info from the index.
      Put GAMBLE in the surname box and then Frank and Gamble in the "other people in household box", limited to Wrexham
      Last edited by dicole; 01-10-09, 11:06. Reason: explanation
      Diane
      Sydney Australia
      Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Ah, so in fact I was looking in the wrong place for the wrong thing! Ancestry BMDs are only indexes aren't they, so won't show that info, and they don't have 1911 census.

I really must spend some time playing with Ancestry to see just how it works, but as most of my records are Scottish/Irish finding something to experiment with is not so easy! Well, winter is coming, which will encourage me to stay in!

Thanks Di for the explanation.

Sheila

Comment

Many thanks DICOLE, that was a quick reply ! Very good of you.

DANCING SHEILA its still all very new to me and I dont have a great deal of spare time in which to do any research. You can always count on the folk on this site for help though, their a good bunch.

Comment

Sheila
            (a good Aussie name !)
            You should be able to find some information on your Scottish people, on ancestry, also the official scotlandspeople site is good (but not free either). For Ireland you could try this new LDS one - http://search.labs.familysearch.org/...tml#p=2;t=sear
            Its good to be able to help newcomers along in their research - who knows what gems they will uncover

Di
            Diane
            Sydney Australia
            Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Thanks Di, I'll give that site a try when I get some time.

I think I have just about exhausted Scotlands People as 3 of my 4 paternal lines go back to Ireland in the mid 1800s. The other needs some work but is back to 1790.

My maternal line is English, but my cousin is doing that side and has been for many years, so I don't at the moment see any point in duplicating her research which I would trust implicitly.

I really got Ancestry to check out a couple of missing family members who I suspect may have emigrated or been killed fighting in the Boer War, and to try to trace some more recent cousins who married south of the border. That is this winters project!!
              Sheila

Comment

Working...
              X