'The Era' - theatrical newpaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'The Era' - theatrical newpaper

This is available from my local library through their online service, but only up to 1900. Does anyone know how/where I could access this after 1900? Am hoping there's a notice for the death of OH's great grandfather - with a name like Wilson and him galivanting all over the British Isles I haven't a hope of finding him:( (From the Stage magazine I know he was alive in 1915)
    Many thanks J

Hi - is there anything in this site? Footlight Notes
    and have you looked at this for theatrical ancestors Researching Your Own Theatrical Ancestors
    I'm not sure who OH is! ; -)

Comment

Hello Naomi,
      Thanks for your reply and those very interesting sites. No luck there so far with the quest for his death place and date, though he is mentioned in his early years on the Arthur Lloyd site - the search goes on.....
      OH was shorthand for my Other Half - as in my husband.
      Thanks again
      J

Comment

Whoops - you must think I'm a right &^^#! - I thought it was the intials for your ggf!
        Would RADA be able to help or is that too early?

Comment

Have you tried British Music Hall Society, music society, theatre, Variety, Music Hall

Comment

you could try accessing 'The Times online' it might possibly have an obit in it about him.

I don't have access, but might be worth a shot?
            could you contact whoever runs the Era site and ask them where the post 1900 records are kept?

edit:

it seems that there is a forum on that site and also lots of links that you could look into.

Last edited by Darksecretz; 02-10-09, 10:09.
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
            X