Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photo editing programmes/software

hi,

does anyone know of any decent programmes/software for editing photos? if i can get something free then great, but if i have to pay so be it.

i'm not after something to make the photos clearer or restore old 1s etc but something that will let me add santa hats to the kids or put them in a snow globe or snow scene etc (to make xmas cards!)

i've tried to do my own on paint and they looked like a 2yr old had attacked them with a pen! (:Big Grin
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

You can download these programs free.

FreeSerifSoftware – free software downloads

I have used PagePlus and PhotoPlus in the past and I'm sure you can do what you require with them.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I have some Serif Software packages and find them quite easy to use. Mine are getting a little old now though but still very handy.

Comment

Sorry to hijack your question, but on the same topic. Could anyone tell me what photo shop elements 7 does that Paint .net does not do. Also is latter prog worth the cost.
        Thanks

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

I'm not familiar with Paint.NET but you can see it's features here: Paint.NET - Features

Some of the Photoshop Elements features can be found here: photo editing | Adobe Photoshop Elements 8: features
          You can also watch a short video and download a free trial here: edit photos, photo editing program | Adobe Photoshop Elements 8

The latest version is Photoshop Elements 8. I use version 6 and I certainly think it's worth the money. I find it has more features and is more user-friendly than any free products I've tried. But again, I haven't tried Paint.NET so can't offer an opinion on that one.
          Sarah

Comment

thanks Sarah if its more user friendly that is a good enough reason.
            Now must decide if to wait for edition 8 or see if when edition 8 is out they reduce the price of edition 7

ALAN

Comment

Amazon has version 8 for £67.85: Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 (PC DVD): Amazon.co.uk: Software
              and version 7 for £54.86: Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 (PC): Amazon.co.uk: Software

You could download the free trial of version 8 to see if you like it: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/i...ts&loc=en%5Fus
              Sarah

Comment

thanks will download trial version and see how i go on

ALAN

Comment

I have often seen a free program called The Gimp mentioned in ComputerActive magazine. I have never used it but they have recommended it for years.

Anne

Comment

I've seen GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program recommended quite a bit on the internet too but, like Anne, I have never used it myself.
                    Sarah

Comment

i have coral, serif page plus 9 and photoshop CS2 but i cant edit the pics like i want to in any of them. wondering if i'm doing sommething wrong.
                      **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Yummy Mummy

You are not necessarily doing something wrong , you are just not doing it right.

Try sticking to one program , I see you have Photoshop CS2 which is the program the pro's use. If you do a Google search for Photoshop tutorials there is loads of help available..

Ken

Comment

Working...
                        X