Parish records in LDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parish records in LDS

Would an LDS centre be likely to have the parish records for counties, or would I have to go to the county itself to look up - I'm trying to find information from Ropley in Hampshire.

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

They tend not to have burial records, I believe, because they aren't relevant to them for the purpose for which they gather such information.

Have you looked on Knightroots - the Hampshire OPC site?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine, yes I've checked out Knightroots and they don't have anything on Ropley.

Linda
      Linda

Comment

According to the catalogue on the Family Search site, the following are available in the Family History Library, and can be ordered through your local Family History Centre:

- Bishop's transcripts for Ropley, 1707-1870 Church of England. Parish Church of Ropley (Hampshire)
        - Marriage transcripts, 1704-1779 Church of England. Parish Church of Ropley (Hampshire)
        - Parish registers, 1538-1876 Church of England. Parish Church of Ropley (Hampshire)
        - Transcripts of bishop's transcripts, 1780-1812 Church of England. Parish Church of Ropley (Hampshire)

see: Topic details ('England, Hampshire, Ropley - Church records')
        and: https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Ord...History_Center
        Sarah

Comment

Thanks, have to work out how to do that then! Will give them a ring.

Linda
          Linda

Comment

I edited my post above to add another link that explains about ordering. :smilee:
            Sarah

Comment

Depends what you are looking for. The LDS centre in London has lots of parish registers with the baptisms, banns, marriages and burials all on the same microfilm in earlier years. Later records tend to have the registers separately.
              ~ with love from Little Nell~
              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

After seeing Cloggie's post, I was about to add that anything starting as early as C16th would be likely to include burials.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've got some Ropley BMDs from 1780 to 1812 if you want me to look for anything.
                  Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Wendy, thanks for the offer. I'm interested in Norgates in Ropley, of which there are a lot. John Norgate born 1786 married Elizabeth also born ca 1786. I'm trying to find her surname. I have no idea when they married, and you might not have it, as their first and only child was born when they were both at the grand old age of 50! My other query is trying to trace the parents of James Norgate (or Norgett) who was born 1751 and married in November 1780 to Jane Long.

Thanks again,

Linda
                    Linda

Comment

Shame Linda that my CD doesn't cover the years you want.
                      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

thanks for the offer anyway

Linda
                        Linda

Comment

Working...
                        X