How do I stop an application ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I stop an application ...

... from running as soon as the computer boots up. I want to run it when I decide to, not anytime I start or reboot.

I am running XP Pro.

Lynda

Lynda go to start help and support write in how to stop program on start up and it will give you direction about opening up start up options , just unclick the one that you dont want and save changes I think ;;;been a while since in there ;;
    but does give you clear instructions on help bit
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Thanks Borobabs, I'll give that a try.

Lynda

Well, 'how to stop program on start up' did not find any entries, but I kept trying other phrases and finally found something ... run msconfig, and uncheck the apps on the startup tab. Hope it works, won't know until I reboot.

Lynda
      Last edited by Lynda; 29-09-09, 23:00.

Comment

Oh wonder why yours different , mines Vista and IE
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

What application is running ... sometimes under options, you need to turn off start on boot. Othertimes you can change this using msconfig (Start | Run should allow it to execute ... sometimes under programs, accessories).
          Bob Fornal
          podcastGenealogy.com

Comment

Click on Start, then Run, then type in msconfig click ok, go to the Start Up tab and take the tick out of that program that you don't want to start up when the system is started up. Job done.
            Best Wishes
            Ron
            www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

Working...
            X