Clean-up for G Grandma Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean-up for G Grandma Please

Could one of you photo wizards have a go at cleaning up G Gran please. She's in a rough old state,so any improvement would be appreciated.

Here's a very quick attempt ...

Original

TC001.jpg TC007.jpg TC008.jpg

Comment

Best I can do Tony.

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Wendy and John, they are a vast improvement,many thanks.

Comment

If you do want any larger pictures of my attempts Tony then I can send them to you via email. Just let me know.

I can't display them on FTF at a larger size as I don't use Photobucket.

Comment

Originally posted by John-Nihon View Post
            If you do want any larger pictures of my attempts Tony then I can send them to you via email. Just let me know.

I can't display them on FTF at a larger size as I don't use Photobucket.

John, Pbucket is not the only host site ~ there are others.

I've looked at your restores on here and your file sizes are so small that it's not really possible to see what you've achieved. Small files do not enlarge successfully.

Hope you didn't mind my butting in :conf:
            ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
              John, Pbucket is not the only host site ~ there are others.

I've looked at your restores on here and your file sizes are so small that it's not really possible to see what you've achieved. Small files do not enlarge successfully.

Hope you didn't mind my butting in :conf:
              Hi Rachel, butt away, no problem :Big Grin::Big Grin:

I have no interest in uploading any images to a third party on the internet, it's not just PB. What I do is edit the files at their original size but FTF automatically reduces the size on upload. I always have the original (large sized) edited photo and usually I email that to the person who has asked for the edit.

PS. Wish I could do that colour stuff like you do. :Big Grin:

Comment

Hi John
                Colour stuff's not that difficult but to do anything serious, you first need a good restore and then the patience to search for colour ref for the particular era + the ever important eye for detail.

My great dilemma was ~ to colour or not ? :F :conf: ~ a matter of ethics ~ hmmmmmm ..... and as soon as I'd taken the plunge that was it !

My new reasoning was that the Victorians, given the chance, would have slapped colour on everything :Wink:
                ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
                  Hi John
                  Colour stuff's not that difficult but to do anything serious, you first need a good restore and then the patience to search for colour ref for the particular era + the ever important eye for detail.

My great dilemma was ~ to colour or not ? :F :conf: ~ a matter of ethics ~ hmmmmmm ..... and as soon as I'd taken the plunge that was it !

My new reasoning was that the Victorians, given the chance, would have slapped colour on everything :Wink:
                  This is where I fall over Rachel ... "the patience to search for colour ref for the particular era" otherwise I'd like to do some colouring sometime. My intentions are in the right direction but I'll just admire your work for the time being I think.

Comment

Working...
                  X