X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trojans...

Hi all

Does anyone know anything about the above as 2 has come up on my sons Laptop

they both say Trojan horse Generics5.IUI

Many thanks
    Julie passed away 5th November 2012.

Google Trojan horse Generics5.IUI

There are a couple of references. You might understand them, I don't.

Hugo

Comment

This is a virus. A trojan horse is a virus that pretends it is something else, gets into the computer and does some damage. It is a good thing your antivirus detected it.

From what I could find, this program seems to be attached to some programs in Grand Theft Auto.

Best bet, get rid of them ...
      Bob Fornal
      podcastGenealogy.com

Comment

Get it attended to quickly Julie. Even when you get rid of it, you could find that it has changed some of your settings. Best to get someone who knows a lot about it to help you - or professional help. The longer it stays there, the more damage it is likely to do.

Comment

Many thanks everyone

I did get rid of it when i found out what it was.....My cousin who know the way round computers is have a good look at it for me

Thanks again
          Julie passed away 5th November 2012.

Comment

Julie

Generics5.IUI

Is sometimes used by anti-virus software to identify Trojans from the activity of files that are commonly downloaded as 'cracks', ie, to activate non-licenced software.

Check if he is downloading software from torrent sites, if so, that will be where the virus stems from.

A full scan of a good AV program that is kept fully upto date
            (By upto date is NOT just downloading the latest virus definition files, but that it is the LATEST VERSION, as older versions may not have methods for identifying the latest ways that virus's operate)

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
            X