Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nursing Records

Hi all.
    I wonder if any one can point me in the right direction. I am trying to piece together my mother's nursing career. For reasons I wont bore you with, it's not possible to get the information from a 'real' person

If my sums are right (which is not guaranteed:emb she started nursing when she was 17 in about 1956. She trained and qualified as a State Registered Nurse in Sheffield and she did midwifery in Derby in about 1964. She also worked as a District Nurse and for the Family Planning Service.

Is there any way I could get access to any certificates she gained or anything else really to do with her career?

Her name was Julia Rose Dickinson 28/11/1939, her married name being Horbury. Her DOD is 10/08/2001.

Any suggestions will be very welcome.

Thanks in advance
    Di
    xx

Hi Di

you might find this interesting: its from our Reference Library (our Wiki)

Trades and Occupations - Family Tree Forum
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hello Di,try the NMC,they may hold her registration documents.alternatively try the hospital in sheffield.althoughit's no doubt changed it's name and shape since she trained they may have her training records.
      Barb

Comment

Try here for help as Barb says

Nursing & Midwifery Council

there's a contact us at the top of the page. It won't list Julia but they should be able to advise you as to accessibility of records.

Used to be a nurse so will try and help you out where poss if you are not sure of anything should you need a bit more help
        Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
        http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'll definately follow up on your advice! The hospital in SHeffield hasn't changed it's name. It never occured to me to contact them!

You may regret your offer of help Elaine! lol. Thank you!

Hugs
          Di
          xxx

Comment

Nursing records

Hello Di,how is the search for your Mum's records going? I gather from an article I was reading all registration records are at the TNA as well.
            Barbara

Comment

Working...
            X