Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get a start up short cut please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get a start up short cut please?

I used to have Microsoft Word processor in my start up list. Now I have to go on Microsoft Works, then programs and then to the word processor.

I know its stupid, but I dont know how I lost the short cut and cant remember how to get it back. Please could someone tell me.

right click on your mouse - I send mine to desktop, where you can just click on them
    Jess

Comment

To access the Task Bar & Start Menu Properties, right-click on the Start button and then click on Properties. Then you can adjust the various settings under the different tabs.
      Sarah

Comment

Hmm, thanks guys but I dont follow. I cant seem to send the word processor program to the start up menu or the desk top.

What would I click on to send it there?

Comment

If you are using Vista, and the program appears in the list of things you have used recently, you can right click on its icon and Pin it to Start Menu.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

List of things Ive used recently? Where would that be please?

Comment

It's the list that appears on the left when you click on the Start button. There's a line in the the middle of the list. The programs listed above that line are the pinned programs. You can right-click on a program below the line to pin it to the Start Menu or add it to Quick Launch (and right-click on a program above the line to Unpin it).

You can also click on the Start button > All Programs, and then right click on a program to Pin it to the Start Menu or add it to Quick Launch.
              Last edited by Cloggie; 01-10-09, 10:52.
              Sarah

Comment

No Cloggie, its giving the Microsoft Works in the list, not the word processor. Thats what I want to change as at the moment, I have to go to Works, programs and then the blank word processor. I wanted to be able to have the Word Processor in the list.

Comment

OK, just worked it out. Go to the "all programs" thing, click on microsoft works in the programs and it lists all the programs in works then right click on word processor and pin to start up - woo hoo, at last. Many thanks.

Comment

Do you have Microsoft Office? Microsoft Word would normally be in the Microsoft Office folder.
                    If that's what you have, try clicking on the Start button > All Programs > Microsoft Office. Then right-click on Microsoft Word and then you can Pin it to the Start Menu or add it to Quick Launch.

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were trying to pin Microsoft Word. Pinning the Works word processor program works in the same way, which I see you have figured out.
                    Sarah

Comment

Working...
                    X