Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find more info on Catherine DANTON?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find more info on Catherine DANTON?

Catherine DANTON, was born c.1802 Margate, Kent, England, according to the census records from 1841 onwards. She was married to Jospeh Pearcy, presumably sometime before 1834, where or when though?
    Catherine & Joseph lived in Mitcham, Surrey from 1841 until their deaths. The children that are on the census records, were born in Mitcham, Surrey, England too.
    The birth certificates of a couple of their children, revealed Catherine’s maiden name of DANTON but I would like to find out more of the DANTON family. Catherine was my OH’s Gt Gt Grandmother. Can anybody help please?
    teresa

There is a listing on Familysearch.org for a
    Catherine Dixon Danton Baptism 18th Apr 1802 at St Johns, Margate Kent

Father - Thomas Danton and Mother listed as Jane
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

They also show 2 other children
      Sarah Danton - 02 Apr 1795
      Jane Danton - 10 Mar 1798
      Both baptised at St Johns
      Vikki -

Comment

I have just found the same but no marriage.

There are 2 sisters Sarah bap 2 apr 1795

Jane bap 10 Mar 1797 at the same church
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

There are also 2 trees on the Ancestry web site showing Catherine Danton b.1802 Margate. Have you contacted either member?
          Vikki -

Comment

Thomas Danton married Jane Fox 26 June 1794 St John's Margate, Kent

This is submitted information to the LDS church. You would need to confirm this information (and that of the above baptisms) by checking the parish registers.
            Vikki -

Comment

Vikki and Lin

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

I had found the one for Catherine Dixon Danton on the IGI..but didn't find the other info.

My gut feeling is that this is her, as Catherine and Joseph had a daughter named Jane born c.1837.

Are the Parish records on line for St John's Margate do you know? I don't get out much now due to ill health, so visiting record centres is bit of a problem for me.

One of the trees on Ancestry is mine and the other is a distant relative of my OH!

Wish I could find the marriage details of Joseph Pearcy & Catherine Danton as I can't get back any further on the Pearcy line either. Sooo frustrating!
              teresa

Comment

Working...
              X