remember Ostap Kabluckyj ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remember Ostap Kabluckyj ?

well.......I scanned some photographs with Dative writing on the back and it would appear my wife is not a Kabluckyj....I sent the photos to a Professor in Kiev University....dated 1929 / 1945 /1919/ 1959 .......and his name was
    Ostap Kablutzkij b 1927 in Rogatyn, Ukraine.....he was a POW ,captured by the English in Rimini and shipped to England in 1947....when he came to England he was given the name
    Eustace Kabluckyj.........so I`ve had a terrible time researching....so now the professor informs me of my FIL`s CORRECT name....AND....
    **** Kablutzkij organised a football tournament in Truscavec in 2005...Truscavec to Rogatyn is 35 miles approx....so I have joined
    Conversation Exchange - Language learning with native speakers and I am in touch with a 22yr old lawyer who wants to better her English...and she`s trying to find **** Kablutzkij ..for the record ,can anyone think of any other way I might contact this man....I need his address, but can`t find it .....anyway NEARLY THERE....I`m quite proud of myself to find his given name.....cheers..allan:Wink:
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Hi - wonder if there's something in this -
    Truskavets Ukraine, sanatoriums Truskavec recreation rest vacations leisure, town of Truskavets resort Carpathian, hotels in Truskavets tickets, excursions to Truskavets
    How did you go with the police station?

Comment

Good morning Naomiatt....thanks for the link....no reply as yet....I`m hoping at 9 o clock someone in admin will open the e-mail....regards...allan:Wink:
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

thanks again Naomiatt....there was an e-mail address for the sports office...I`m very hopeful.fingers crossed.....allan:Wink:

Comment

Hi Allan - that's great! Let me know what happens.

Comment

Working...
          X