Another LMA Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another LMA Question

I have the following extracted IGI record but when I search the LMA I’m not getting any matches. Is there a way of searching the LMA by date?

JANE SARAH SULLIVAN - International Genealogical Index
    Gender: Female Christening: 05 OCT 1828 Saint Leonards, Shoreditch, London, England

Father: Robert Sullivan, Mother: Frances.

Thanks Malcolm

There seems to be a gap. The dates jump from 4 Feb 1828 at the end of one book (page 300, but image 27 of 58 ) to the start of another with 1 Nov 1828 (image 28 of 58).

Looks like something to raise with them.

And yes, Advance Search options do allow you to enter dates.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There seem to be some churches which have not been filmed. I don't know if they will be added later.

I know because I have been doing quite a lot of marriage collecting and there are some specific churches not there. (St George Hanover Square is one) Perhaps they don't come under the LMA records? I'm not very well up on London records!

Anne

Comment

Thanks Christine & Anne for the reply.

I have her brothers Baptism from the same church for March 1830 so it looks as if some pages/books are missing.

I will contact Ancestry and see if they can do anything.

Malcolm

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
          There seem to be some churches which have not been filmed. I don't know if they will be added later.

I know because I have been doing quite a lot of marriage collecting and there are some specific churches not there. (St George Hanover Square is one) Perhaps they don't come under the LMA records? I'm not very well up on London records!

Anne
          thanks for mentioning this one. I know my gt gran was born in that area & wondered why I couldn't find her baptism - I was beginning to think her parents had "forgotten". But perhaps she was baptised in that church.

I know she was religious - she told off my mum for getting married in a register office :Big Grin: so I'd be surprised if she hadn't been baptised.
          Vicky

Comment

Vicky, St George hanover Square registers are at Westminster not the LMA St George's Hanover Square Church Archives
            Hope this helps.
            Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I have found all of my OH grandmothers sisters baptisimal records except the one we wanted his grandmothers

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
                Vicky, St George hanover Square registers are at Westminster not the LMA St George's Hanover Square Church Archives
                Hope this helps.

Thanks for this - I thought it might be something like that but having little knowledge of London I was puzzled!

Anne

Comment

There are some records from Westminster on Ancestry but not St George Hanover Square.

I want St George too...

Comment

Maggie - I think it depends where in the Registration District of Westminster(for GRO) the parish came. I presume the Westminster Archives cover certain parishes - there must be a list on their website but I haven't got time to look at the momnet as its not that pressing for me personally.

The same with the London Met Archives - again I haven't looked :emb: I'm just collecting all the marriages I can for my One Name study!

Anne

Comment

the westminster archives are very helpful, they have helped me tremendously with my morton family. contact them and tell what you need, they will be able to say if they have the records.

Comment

For info - some St George Hanover Square records have now been uploaded to the LMA collection on Ancestry.
                        Elaine

Comment

Thanks for that Elaine. Off to look!
                          Anne

Comment

Working...
                          X