No announcement yet.

Help with a brickwall or two anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a brickwall or two anyone???

Hi, I have received some fantastic help with my Hatch family, however I have some brickwalls. Maybe some fresh eyes and a different brain or two might help me to find some of them?

I cannot find Aaron Hatch bc. 1857, Sheffield, Yorkshire on the 1881 census (there is one married to Hanna, but that is not him).

His sister Elizabeth/Lizzie bc. 1862, I can't find her after the 1881 census. I
    can't see a marriage or a death. In the 1881, she was lodging at 127 Pond St, Sheffield, Yorkshire and was a Silver Burnisher.

I can't find James bc. 1864, Woodseats, Derbyshire ( the only child born outside Yorkshire/Lincolnshire) on the 1891 or 1901 census. On the 1911 it says he is widowed, but again I can't see a marriage for him (I haven't looked at the original so that could be wrong).

Rose bc. 1867, Sheffield, Yorkshire, I can't find after the 1871 census (their parents died in 1880), could she of been adopted?

Any help with any of these would be extremly appreciated. I have been looking for a while now, I don't know if I have tunnel vision and just can't see them or whether they are truly 'hiding' or badly mistranscribed, but I have tried and now I am at my tether. Sorry its so long winded!!
    Tessie

well I cant see Aaron.. at all.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

James in 1881 is at the Sheffield Union Workhouse. Birthplace given as Norton, Derbyshire - Woodseats Norton, is now part of Sheffield.

Oops, you have that.

Rose was registered as Rosanna in Jun Q 1866 - more likely she went out to work, at 14 when her parents died, rather than adopted, no formal adoptions occurred until 1927. A marriage for an Elizabeth Hatch in Jun Q 1881 to either Henry Beaumont or James Wilberforce Christian.

Di
      Last edited by dicole; 26-09-09, 22:37. Reason: more info
      Diane
      Sydney Australia
      Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

looks like Elizabeth married Henry Beaumont.. havent found them in 1881 but have in 1891 with children,.

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1891&indiv=1

I have checked the other name James W Christian and it doesnt tally.
        Julie

Comment

A tree on ancestry shows Aaron Hatch married Emma Minckley and died in Lincolnshire in 1906. Freebmd shows 1884 marriage in Lincoln for Aaron Hatch and Emma Minckley, death for Aaron Hatch age 44 in Mar 1906. (I did not see him the first time either)

This is Aaron and Emma in 1891 and 1901
          1891 - Class: RG12; Piece: 3825; Folio 104; Page 48
          1901 - Class: RG13; Piece: 3114; Folio: 39.

Lizzie, with the Beaumont family in 1881
          Class: RG11; Piece: 4651; Folio: 148; Page: 32;

In 1881, there's a Rose Hatchet, in the household of Innkeeper James Stacey, near enough for a servants name.
          Class: RG11; Piece: 4651; Folio: 105; Page: 7;
          Diane
          Sydney Australia
          Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

I think that the Aaron/Emma folks are a different family, as I did see an Aaron from that area, in previous census.

EDIT:

I'm talking rubbish again.... the Aaron/Emma thing does look promising, (and he names one of his daughters Rose too)

and i'm sure that ancestry have snuck those records in, cos I really didnt see them last night...lol!!!
            Last edited by Darksecretz; 27-09-09, 10:31.
            Julie

Comment

Hi, thanks for that info. Diane and Julie! I think Aaron is really hiding or missed off on the 1881 census! That definately looks like Elizabeth and Rose! Still no James on the 1891 or the 1901 census' though!
              I knew someone would be able to find the others with fresh eyes! Thanks again!
              Tessie

Comment

Ok, I have Elizabeth sorted now thanks! However, I can't see a marriage for Rose in Yorkshire and can't pin her down in 1891!! Any ideas?
                Thanks again
                Tessie

Comment

Now I have a problem with some of Aaron and Emma's children!!
                  I can't find 3 of them after the death of their father in 1907! They are Robert b. 1890, Lincoln; Rebecca 1893, Gainsborough and Sarah b. 1895, Gainsborough. I have tried marriages and deaths under Hatch and Tye and no luck!!
                  Tessie

Comment

I'm afraid Robert was killed in WWI. He is down as Robert E Hatch, killed 10.7.1916, service no. 9769. There is an entry on CWGC

CWGC :: Casualty Details

Also his medal card is on Ancestry and it says "Mr E Tye makes application for his late stepsons 1914 Star"

- Ancestry.co.uk
                    Jackie

Comment

There is an entry on 1911 for Robert Hatch b 1890 Lincoln which says Overseas military
                      Jackie

Comment

This may be Rebecca's marriage:

Marriages Sep 1919
                        Hatch Rebecca H Stacey Lincoln 7a 1498
                        Stacey Hurbert Hatch Lincoln 7a 1498

According to the birth index they look to have had two children: a girl in Gainsborough in 1920 and a boy in Hull in 1927.

Comment

Possible marriage for Sarah:

Marriages Dec 1919
                          Hatch Sarah E Petch Gainsbro' 7a 2227
                          Petch Richard Hatch Gainsbro' 7a 2227

Seven children, all born Sleaford, Leics. between 1920 and 1935.

Comment

Thanks Night Owl!!!
                            Thanks for those Mary, however I can't see them on the 1911! I will go and have a good look for them now, as I have an hour or so to have a 'proper' look!
                            Thanks again
                            Tessie

Comment

Working...
                            X