missing marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing marriage

I am trying to find a marriage between Frank Brown and Lizzie ?? . On the 1911 census they had been married for 1 year. Frank was born in Nottingham, and they were in Nottingham for the census. I have tried all variations of Liz, Lizzie, Eliza Elizabeth, including wildcard that I can think of. Unfortunately on the census they haven't entered their place of birth so I don't know where Lizzie is from. Any ideas anyone?

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Do you know if they had any children - if so names and approx year of birth?
    Elaine

Comment

Arthur Frank Shardlow june 1909 - bit early
      A Gertrude & a missing bride - helpfully!

Dec 1909

BROWN Harold Frank Nottingham 7b 826
      again , one bride missing
      Jess

Comment

Ooh, Jess, you may have cracked it - missing entry from Shardlow June 1909 is Lizzie Edith Haines. Strange thing is, that Frank was my great uncle and as far as I was aware none of them, him or brothers and sisters had middle names. Will do some more research now, but that is the closest I have got. Thank you very much

Linda
        Linda

Comment

Drat, looks like Lizzie Edith married John Joseph Davies instead. Back to the drawing board...

Linda
          Linda

Comment

Sorry Elaine, wasn't ignoring you, got caught up in the excitement. No, afraid no idea of any children from the marriage, don't have much info at all about this branch of the family.

Linda
            Linda

Comment

Did he serve in WW1 - in which case their may be some service documents on Ancestry which could list children's names. If we can find a child we should be able to get MMN.
              Elaine

Comment

Again no idea if he served. He was born in 1883, so would have been 30 at the start of the war - did they conscript men that old? My grandfather (Franks brother) was in WWI, but as far as I can remember never mentioned that any of his brothers had been in the war. I'm pretty sure that even if he was in the war he survived, as we had never heard of any relatives who died in WWI. I'll have a look on ancestry war records, unfortunately with a name like Brown there are a lot of records.

Linda
                Linda

Comment

Liz(zie)/Eliza(beth) is also linked to Bets(e)y/Betsie/Bess(ie)

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                  X