Really basic Ancestry question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really basic Ancestry question...

I've been contacted by someone on Ancestry (first time in the 5 years I've been a member!) about a correction I've made.

The only thing is...I can't see that I've corrected the entry they mention! Yes, it is one of my lot -the age is wrong, which I have in my notes - and someone else has left a comment pointing it out, but I don't go on Ancestry much these days and it's changed so much I'm blowed if I can see any correction or comment from me. :conf:

*prepares to be embarrassed by a really obvious answer *

I think that the way the contacts are set up means that the message is pre-worded to refer to corrections... or to tree-members. I've certainly had messages which didn't make sense to me - referring to names on my Ancestry Tree (I don't have one).

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There is also a record of others who have attached the record to their tree. It is quite possible that whoever contacted you may have clicked on the wrong name.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, Christine and Trina.

It was just bugging me that I couldn't work out how she'd identified me as someoen with an interest in this person!

Comment

Working...
        X