No spouse for Emma's Marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spouse for Emma's Marriage?

Hi, Emma Minkley married Aaron Hatch. Aaron died in 1906 and Emma re-married in 1907, Lincoln. When I look on freeBMD and Ancestry there is no spouse. It only shows one but as I can't find Emma on the 1911 under this surname I presume its her husband who is 'missing'. How would I go about finding the husband?
    I also cannot find Emma on the 1871 census!
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Tessie

When and where was Emma born?
    Do you know the names of her parents?
    Elaine

Comment

Emma was born c. 1865, Lincoln. Her parents are William and Harriet. William b. 1818, Notts and Harriet b. 1834, Cambridgeshire.

Comment

I've had a look for some of the children in 1911, with and without a surname (in case they took the stepfather's surname), but no luck so far. Edith and Rebecca appear to have married well after 1911, using the surname Hatch. Can't see Millicent in 1911.

Comment

I´ve done the same as Mary - no obvious combinations are showing up.
          Elaine

Comment

- Ancestry.co.uk
            Elaine

Comment

Can't see anything obvious on the incoming passenger lists, so it doesn't look as though they were abroad in 1911 (if they were, Edith and Rebecca came back at least, because they married in the UK).

Comment

It's a bit of a long job, but I think you'll have to search for all marriages for the Sept quarter of 1907 in Lincoln, then look at the men one at a time to find the odd ones out. Then check the images to see which one's mistranscribed.

Comment

By the way, Sydney Arthur Nobbs is with wife Eveline Laura in 1911, so it's definitely Emma's husband who's missing.

Comment

Thanks very much for your help Elaine and Mary. I was afraid you were going to say that Mary. Thanks for finding Emma on the 1871!
                    Tessie

Comment

going the long way round - child born Lincoln, MMn correct although she'd have been getting on a bit

Births Dec 1913

Shaw John W Minkley Lincoln 7a 929
                      Jess

Comment

hmmmm, will try looking at Shaw's for her marriage, thats better than trawling as a start!
                        Thanks
                        Tessie

Comment

If there had been a birth of more children after the marraige would the MMN be listed as Minkley or Hatch?
                          Elaine

Comment

???odd number again

Marriages Jun 1907

BRACKENBURY Alice Lincoln 7a 1155
                            FOTHERBY Bertha Jane Lincoln 7a 1155
                            SHAW Herbert Edward Lincoln 7a 1155 <<<
                            SMALLEY Didymua Lincoln 7a 1155
                            WENHAM Herbert Lincoln 7a 1155
                            Jess

Comment

Emma Hatch's marriage is listed in Sept 1907.

The Shaw MMN Minkley birth is most likely this couples son.

Marriages Jun 1898
                              Bradshaw Elizabeth Ann Lincoln 7a 1191
                              >>>Minkley Mary Ann Lincoln 7a 1191
                              >>>Shaw George William Lincoln 7a 1191
                              Thomas Charles Benjamin Lincoln 7a 1191
                              Jay

Comment

poop!thought it was too easy!
                                Jess

Comment

Assuming it's the one with 7a-1184, I've started trying out likely mistakes, e.g. 7a-1189.

That one has one bride and two grooms. I'd check them out, but my away-from-home free WiFi is a bit clunky, and unreliable. I just thought it might give you an idea before starting on the Big Trawl technique, e.g.: 1164, 1154, 1181...

Christine
                                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Found him. Marriage - Ernest Tye Sep Q 1907 Lincoln 7a 1184 mistranscribed as 1134. Checked better image on Ancestry and it definately is page 1184.

Comment

You just beat me to it Pat - I found him a minute ago!
                                      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Oh, thank you sooooo much!!!! Now to find them on the 1911.
                                        Tessie

Comment

Working...
                                        X