London Deaths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Deaths

I may be way out of date, but it looks as if one can search for these on Ancestry now - is this new?

There are some deaths which have been included in the new LMA databases uploaded last week.

I am hoping there are more to come! :smilee:
    Elaine

Comment

There still seem to be deaths missing - having looked for a couple I know should be there.

On the other hand the marriages are FAB! :smilee: *one-name study* say no more - nudge nudge :Big Grin:

Anne

Comment

Deaths before 1813 are in the old registers and have not been indexed they have to be searched manually. The period after 1813, most burials on there date from around 1813-1860. After this point most of the churches were 'full up' and people tended to be buried in the local municipal cemeteries. (Of course some were buried in these before 1860 too) The records of these do not seem to be yet put online just the churchyard burials. There are some deaths on there post 1860's but these seem to mostly be from workhouse death registers or infirmary ones. Have found 2 of my 4xgreat grandmothers in those, with date of death and cause..much better than a simple burial record in any case.

Comment

Working...
        X