fincham and caves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fincham and caves

im finding it hard to find children born to a john fincham i think he married a phoebe elizabeth goldsmith in 1900 also children for john william cave who married either a rose or florence smith in 1896
    looking for binns,cave,forey,cheale,simpson,

Originally posted by debsimlfc View Post
    im finding it hard to find children born to a john fincham i think he married a phoebe elizabeth goldsmith in 1900 also children for john william cave who married either a rose or florence smith in 1896
    Whereabouts would you expect to find any births? Have you searched FreeBMD or ancestry?
    Margaret

Comment

Found the marriage for Fincham/Goldsmith in Sculcoates.
      Here's a birth
      May Fincham
      Year of Registration: 1901 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
      District: Sculcoates County: Yorkshire - East Riding
      Volume: 9d Page: 212
      Margaret

Comment

Here's another
        John Henry Fincham Year of Registration: 1902 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
        District: Sculcoates County: Yorkshire - East Riding Volume: 9d Page: 198

Comment

thanks im looking round the grimsby area for fincham children and bradford for cave children

Comment

And another
            Thomas Harold Fincham Year of Registration: 1907 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
            District: Sculcoates County: Yorkshire - East Riding Volume: 9d Page: 185

Comment

Are the Sculcoates ones any good?
              There are at least 19 births soon after 1896 for Cave children. You will need to maybe check the 1901 census for John W Cave to see who is with him.
              Margaret

Comment

yeh i think the sculcoates 1s could be right its sort of the same area i think

Comment

can't quickly see your John Cave on the 1901. What is his date and place of birth?
                  Margaret

Comment

i think bradford not sure of date i know he was dead by march 1924 though

Comment

Have you got him on 1911?

Comment

ive been told the fincham children were sent to canada around 1916 to work because there parents died theres a may fincham on the incoming passenger lists on ancestry but i havent got access to it

Comment

Found him on 1911 and have pm'd you.
                          Margaret

Comment

i tried the 1911 other day couldnt load it for some reason

Comment

thankyou very much

Comment

I've replied by email to you. I also had a look at the May Fincham on the incoming passenger lists but that is a Mrs May Fincham so not likely yours.
                                Margaret

Comment

got your email thanks

Comment

hi is ther any chance any1 could search for a ellen forey on the 1911 please

Comment

May (1901) and John H (1902) show up on the YorkshireBMD site - as being registered, specifically, in Drypool.

There are no more FINCHAM births transcribed for the Hull district for the period 1900-1930, incl.

Christine
                                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                                      X