Jane Swanwick Breedon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jane Swanwick Breedon

Jane Hannah Johnson married John Swanwick Breedon in Nottingham in 1880. However in the 1881 census they are listed as John and Jane Swanwick. Then Jane disappears. In 1891 John Swanwick is a lodger, listed as married and in 1901 he is a boarder but is now single.I couldn't find a death to match up with her. I am also having trouble finding John before his marriage. Can anyone find Jane please.

Thanks

Linda:conf:
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

could this be him bn 1862 surname SWANNICK

RG10; Piece: 3507; Folio: 5; Page: 4
    WendyP

Comment

should have said the above is the 1871 census

To match for parents names form that 1871 census there is a marriage in Notts in 1864 for a John Swanwick to an Ann Breedon which would account for his double barrel birth name.
      WendyP

Comment

Yes, that certainly looks like him there. I didn't think of Swanwick with 2 n's. Now to try and find Jane. Thanks for that Wendy.

Linda
        Linda

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
          Yes, that certainly looks like him there. I didn't think of Swanwick with 2 n's. Now to try and find Jane. Thanks for that Wendy.

Linda
          Linda you could always try wildcarding... for example, instead of putting the whole surname, you would just put Swa*** the asterisks act as any amount of letters and combinations,

sometimes less is more, if that makes sense.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie, I'll try that in a minute (or half an hour - my washing machine just broke down so I have to mop up the laundry. Fun times!!)

Linda
            Linda

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
              Thanks Julie, I'll try that in a minute (or half an hour - my washing machine just broke down so I have to mop up the laundry. Fun times!!)

Linda
              oops..
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

(1 hour and a dozen towels later...) Unfortunately Jane still has me stumped. She is one of my family of Johnsons, and they are all proving extremely troublesome, with most of them refusing to die! Now her sister has vanished too!

Linda
                Linda

Comment

Coming back to this one after some time, I have found an entry on Newspaper archives from 1893 referring to a Jane Swanwick, found drunk in charge of a horse and cart. It gives her address as Massey Street, Nottingham. I am having trouble trying to track this street down in the 1891 archives - have found a reference of RG12/2698 folio 66-70 but still had no luck. Can anyone please help!

Thanks
                  Last edited by ozgirl; 20-04-15, 19:30.
                  Linda

Comment

Figured it out and found Massey Street, but she didn't seem to be anywhere on it. Oh well...
                    Linda

Comment

when and where was she born ? that report you found says she is a lace hand ? I just found a Jane A Swanwick married born abt 1863 Syston Lincolnshire living in Lily Street St Mary Nottingham a Lace Hand ,so maybe not yours ??
                      Last edited by Guest; 20-04-15, 21:24.

Comment

Jane was born 6th August 1861 at 30 Charlotte Street, Nottingham (to be precise!), her parents were Thomas Johnson and Hannah. In 1881 Hannah is living with John and Jane, Thomas having died in 1877. In 1891 Hannah is living with her other daughter.

http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/75...l=ReturnRecord

Jane is actually stated to be a Hair Net Hand at the age of 9 in 1871, I got confused with Lace hand, silly me! Interestingly in the 1861 census. just before Jane is born, her family is living next door to that of her future husband!

I think I have found John Swanwick in 1911 - http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/23...l=ReturnRecord

Gertrude is possibly Gertrude Hook(e), here in 1901 -http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/78...l=ReturnRecord. Her daughter (Gertrude) May is stated to be her sister, but given the age of her mother, I think unlikely. I can't find a marriage between John and Gertrude, but if Jane were still alive this is quite possible.
                        Linda

Comment

what about this Marriage John Swanwick to a Gertrude Hallam in Dec quarter 1907 7B 269 Mansfield Nottingham
                          Last edited by Guest; 20-04-15, 22:46.

Comment

Hi Val, yes I saw that one but couldn't find any connection between Hooke and Hallam, plus if they married legitimately in 1907 why would they put on the census that they had been married for 20 years? (Mind you that doesn't mean it's not them. Plus that seems to be the only John and Gertrude Swanwick in England in 1911 )

This lot are driving me nuts
                            Last edited by ozgirl; 20-04-15, 23:00.
                            Linda

Comment

there is a Gertrude Hallam born abt 1873 living with her husband Frederick in 1901 Nottingham? maybe that marriage is her ? been trying to see if I can find a death for Frederick.

Comment

Aah - looks like Gertrude married Joseph Dolphin, they are together in 1911 married 3 years, which means John Swanwick married Edith Train.

Yep -1911 for John Swanwick and Edith Annie, married 3 years living in Mansfield, Notts.

Thanks for having a try Val
                                Last edited by ozgirl; 21-04-15, 13:18.
                                Linda

Comment

sorry I could not find Jane , married she remarried ?

Comment

have pmd you think I found her

Comment

then there is this Mrs Jane Swanwick in 1900

oh ignore that she is too old
                                      Last edited by Guest; 21-04-15, 20:59.

Comment

Working...
                                      X