Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please, just a little confused......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please, just a little confused......

Hi,

Sorry to bring the horrid "Sullivan" name up again...they really dont seem to be prooving easy to find, and I'm at the point of pulling my hair out.
    I am trying to locate Mary Ann Morton on a census as at this point the only census I can find her on is in 1871 after she is married to Thomas Sullivan, then the family just disappears...I assume from being transcribed incorrectly. According to her marriage cert she was 19yo when she marred in 1864 Shoreditch Middlesex, her father was stated as James Morton-Umbrella Maker. I have one of her sons birth certificates where she is noted as "Mary Ann Sullivan late Morton Formerly Ingram" Seeing as she was only 19yo when she married and she is noted as a spinister could the Morton/Ingram name possibly be due to her mother remarrying?? I can not locate any marriage for Morton/Ingram and I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help truly appreciated. :conf:
    [COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="darkorchid"]Thanks

Mystic.........

Have you found her on a census after her marriage - if so what does she give as place of birth?
    Elaine

Comment

This is what I have found,

seems to tally as well. ( I did find another mary ann sullivan with a thomas but the eldest child was born in 1857, so they would be too young to have had him as they were both 19 when they married)

- Ancestry.co.uk

seems Mary Ann was b. 1845 longford in Ireland
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Elaine and Julie, Yes this is the only census at all that I can confirm is her. The family seems to totally dissapear after 1871 and I cant find anything before the 1871 census to proove that she was indeeed born in Longford Ireland. I have her marriage cert and that is it...I have kinda have given up on the "Sullivan" family after 1871 but hoped to get something on Mary Ann before. Where would I get access to possible births in Ireland, assuming that the one census that I have is right. Do you think I should be looking for Ingram or Morton??
        [COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="darkorchid"]Thanks

Mystic.........

Comment

Working...
        X