Can I get rid of Alpha AntiVirus??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get rid of Alpha AntiVirus??

Daughter started her computer and got a message from Alpha Anti Virus saying she had viruses, worm, etc.

She is running Nortons, which I don't like, but it came with the computer and she can't afford to get anything new at the moment.

I've googled Alpha Anti Virus and it seems to be spyware????
    I then also got the message about my somputer being infected. Mine is fine. I run Nod32 and trust it. Our computers are not connected to each other. She is 200 miles from me.

Can she get rid of it anyway??

Should she un-install Nortons and use one of the freebies????

Any ideas??
    Thanks.

Hi Libby, Presuming your daughter's Norton virus definition file is uptodate has she tried to run a scan within Norton and see if that finds it and clears it up.

Comment

Hi John..............Yes, it's up to date.

My Nod 32 is as well. Is it a new problem? I can't find any mention on Google if I use the Australian site , only on the world one and they are all yesterday or today's date. As I don't know any of the sites mentioned there, I haven't opened them.

Comment

I found this discussion, it may help. Read down the conversation a little.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090922175402AAdrkT8

Comment

Thanks John.

I emailed my Nod32 and they have replied (10 minutes later...good hey!!) telling me my computer is safe and sending me a link to to a BBC news report on it.

It is called "Scareware"
          Nod32 (Eset) also told me to download SuperAntiSpyware, so I'll do that. I used to have that and got rid of it for some reason.....I think the computer guy told me about another one and I was going to get it....lol

Comment

That sounds like good news Libby and a good response from Nod32. :Big Grin: Let us know how you get on, it may help others if they encounter the same situation.

Comment

Working...
            X