FTM 2009 > 2010 media handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2009 > 2010 media handling

Does anyone know if the new FTM 2010 can handle multiple images and link them to several names in a few mouse clicks ?

I have family lines with up to four generations staying in one place. I have ( for example ) 20 photographs, a couple of Word Documents and the odd PDF file all containing information on the town called "Media City "' and wish to link these up to 30 people who were born in "Media City ". In 2009, each piece of media has to be linked to one individual at a time ( which is very time consuming ).

I just want to select x amount of media files and then link them to x amount of people . My mouse is complaining about its click ratio to cheese rations.

I would have thought basic multiple file handling would have been incorperated within any FT program that handles media ?

Anyone ?

Comment

I don't think many members have experience of the 2010 version yet.

Might be worth posting a question on the FTM online help forum - the resident expert Russ Worthington is usually very helpful.
      Family Tree Maker Online Forum
      Elaine

Comment

I have just got 2010. Although I haven't used the media part yet, I believe it works the same as 2009. It's on my 'to do' list, must get my files more organised.:o
        Sue

Comment

Russ Worthington came back to me on ancestry, and it appears 2010 is not much better then 2009.

It's very shortsighted of FTM not to handle multiple media. I've played around with Family Historian 4 and that nearly achieves what I'm looking for. But I would need to transfer thousands of media files by hand from FTM to FH4 in order to change software.

It appears FTM have me locked into their software and I have over 300 media files that ALL need to be linked to 97 people. It's going to take me months in FTM, but would have taken me half a day in FH4 :(

I hope the gedcom file spec changes in the future and includes media ! , otherwise those of us with 20 generations, 5000 people in our tree with over 3000 media files are locked into the software we initally used ( lets hope the software company dont go bust ) !

Comment

Working...
          X