1881 search please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1881 search please

Can anyone find Alice Blewitt born 1795 in Essex.

I have her on all census returns till 1871 with husband George. He died in Rush Green on 19th May 1871.

I have her death certificate died 2nd December 1881 at Warren Farm Romford Essex.

Can't find her on 1881

Thanks

Linda

Hi Linda,
    I have been looking for a wee while now but nothing so far.
    Any other clues that may help - did she have any other family members living with her etc???
    I can't make out the name of the grandchild on the 1871 census? Do you have the name?
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I can't see her - does she have children she could be with? who registered the death?
      Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Sorry I didn't get back to you ..had an emergency call from my elderly Aunt. All o.k. now thank goodness.

I can't find Alice E Redgewell on 1881 either. On 1891 she is 25 living with Eliza Kelsey.... as her cousin. Eliza was Eliza Blewitt and Alice was the daughter of Thomas Redgewell and Sarah Blewitt. Both daughters of George and Alice.

On 1871 living with Alice Blewitt it says she was born in Romford which I think is correct. on 1891 it says Bow. But can't find any other Redgewells born in that area so think that is incorrect.

Just having another look now.

Appreciate the help

Linda
        Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 23-09-09, 09:14.

Comment

Hi there
          Sorry had no luck with the 1881 cenus. But here is what I did find. Do not know if it is of any use.
          London Marriage and Wedding Banns 1891
          Alice Eliza Redgewell and George William F____? Kelsey a barman
          Residence Bromley at time of marriage
          Father of Alice Thomas Benjamin Redgewell, a gas stoker
          Father of George Josiah Kelsey, House decorator

Witness Robert Hobert? maybe Harbert or Herbert and Alice Fryer Kelsey.
          Sorry not very good at reading the handwriting
          Hope this is of some use
          Lynda

Comment

Thank you Linda.

Not ignoring anyone but just on dash to Hospice.

Linda x

Comment

if it were me I would look at the 1881 census for her place of death, she might already be living there in 1881.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

there is an Alice Ridgewell age 14 RG11 Piece / Folio 1778 / 80 Page Number 22
                Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

do you know where warren farm was? i think it was whalebone lane and have done an address search on fmp but no luck.
                  Jean

Comment

Hi Jean,

Yes I googled and found where it was but with an address search still no luck.

I had wondered whether it was a hospital/home of some sort but it seems not.
                    Informant was Emma King, daughter, present at death, residence Warren Farm also.

I have now found A (Alice) Redgewell with her parents Thom. B. Redgewell living in Bow Common Lane. She was born in Romford and that's correct according to her birth cert. but on 1891 it says she was born in Bow!!.

Still no Alice Blewitt though

Linda

Comment

Working...
                    X