Lma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lma

I found this person on the LMA marriage Ronert John Snaith to Annie Margaret Wagner 1883 the father of the Robert George Calvert Snaith now I know Robert was widowed and I found on the 1911 census he had remarried .
    LMA record 1901 but now the father of Robert is James Calver Snaith. I can find nothing of either so really do not know what to make out. I know Robert was born in Newcastle. can anyone find James or George Calvert Snaith thank you

Margaret

There is a tree on Ancestry which might help you.
    - Ancestry.co.uk
    From what I can see Robert John Snaith was recorded as John on the 1871 and 1881 census - although not sure it helps in sorting out the two different names for the father.
    Elaine

Comment

Not sure if that tree is correct. The father is shown on both marriages certificates as being an architect.
      If you follow the father through the census on that tree then he varies between a labourer and a shoemaker - hardly close to an architect!
      Elaine

Comment

Elaine thank you in the 1871 census it says Robert Snaith age 6 there is a James Colvert on there but the head is an Ellen Smith I am not sure that I understand this. There is a tree on Ancestry but I can't contact the owner of it

Margaret

Comment

Where is the Robert Snaith age 6 with head as Ellen Smith? Do you have the reference?

Why can't you contact the tree owner?
          Elaine

Comment

the ref: is RG 10/5085 Is that how you give a reference

Margaret

Comment

It says the name of the tree owner but I don.t seem to be able to connact the tha name

Margaret

Comment

Sorry, Margaret - not ignoring you. Have got a storm overhead so am going to have to turn off for a while. Back later, I hope
                Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by maggiemay View Post
                  It says the name of the tree owner but I don.t seem to be able to connact the tha name

Margaret
                  There seems to be a fault on the Ancestry page.
                  Click on the tab that says Member Connect and then click on the tree owner's name. The right box then appears which allows you to contact him.
                  Elaine

Comment

Looking at the image for the 1871 census, Ellen's surname could be Snaith, not Smith - although it looks more like Sniath!
                    James Calvert is listed as her brother, which means Ellen's maiden name was probably Calvert. Ellen is also listed as a widow.

I can see this marriage which might be relevant.
                    Marriages Mar 1860
                    Barnes Mary Ann
                    Calvert Eleanor
                    Henderson John
                    Snaith George
                    Newcastle T 10b 95

... and this might be George and Eleanor in 1861
                    RG9; Piece: 3805; Folio: 29; Page: 1

... but still no sign of an Architect! Umm!!
                    Elaine

Comment

I think you might need to get his birth certificate - which I think is probably this one.

Births Mar 1865
                      SNAITH Robert John
                      Newcastle T 10b 109

I'm not too sure about that tree on Ancestry because the Robert John Snaith they are following, who they claim married Annie Wagner, seems to be born c1861.
                      Elaine

Comment

1881 census - looks as if Ellen has remarried.

RG11; Piece: 1704; Folio: 72; Page: 16
                        Enable Cookies - Ancestry.co.uk

... and the family have moved down to Essex which brings him closer to Bethnal Green where he married in 1883! :smilee:

On the 1881 census Robert's occupation is bootmaker which matches the marriage certificate. Maybe the father's occupation was fictitious!
                        Elaine

Comment

Elaine it looks as though you are right but I can't find the tree on ancestry that I had before thankyou

Margaret

Comment

Hello Elaine I think you are right in what you say but I can't even find the person on Ancestry now the names Mary and Ellen fit in with other members of the family. thankyou

Margaret

Comment

Not quite sure what you can't find on Ancestry - can you explain?
                              Elaine

Comment

Elaine I can't find the person that has Robert Snaith in their tree I don't know how I saw it the first time it might be me an age thing

Margaret

Comment

It is alright Elaine I found what I was looking for and sent a message

Margaret

Comment

Working...
                                  X