another look at this please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another look at this please

Some time ago I asked for your opinions about this.More information has come to light and I would like your opinions again.
    I was looking for a marriage between Alexander Brown and Euphemia Morris in Scotland. In all but the 1841 census Euphemia said she was born Burntisland,Fife.Her age varies a little with each census.
    Tha only marriage I could find was between an Elspeth Morris and A.B. Her father was David,a maltman from Burntisland.(22/5/1829)
    I have found two children on Scotland's People Alexander 3/2/1830 and Hugh 12/2/1832,both born South Leith to Alexander and Elspeth.
    All the other children are said to belong to Alexander and Euphemia.
    I found a burial for an Elspeth in 24/2/1833 Lasswade.Most of the women on that page have Mrs or Widow in front of their names,but not Elspeth.
    Alexander's death cert names all the children as his.Euphemias death was registered by her son- in-law who must not have known her father's name.
    I have found a Thomas Morris and Elizabeth Thom who had a Euphemia in 1810 baptised Anstruther Easter Fife.
    Do you think I can now say that Euphemia is a second wife,that the Elspeth buried in Lasswade is the first and that the Euphemia b.1810 is the second?
    grateful for opinions.
    Fran

I think it sounds right, have you checked to see if euphemia had siblings? are there any naming pattern within the families?

but it does sound like she was the 2nd wife, after Elspeth dies.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie,the siblings I have for Euphemia are :Simon,then a big gap,then Thomas,Agnes. Catherine and Helen. Her own children were:Andrew,James,William,Euphemia,Marion,Catherin e,Margaret.so no clues there.
      If it is right there is only one year between the death of the first wife and the first child of the second.
      Fran

Comment

well that certainly sounds plausible, esp if there are other children from the first marriage, as the father would have to find someone to have them while he went out to work, (and a second wife possibly wouldve been cheaper than a housekeeper?)
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks again Julie, I wish I could find out if Elspeth and Euphemia were related,or if having the same surname was just a coincidence.
          Fran

Comment

Working...
          X