Any one up for a challenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one up for a challenge?

Elizabeth Fletcher married William Wood 7 Oct 1839 (source freereg) St. Peters Wolverhampton. Elizabeth’s father is John - occupation miner. Elizabeth was 18 when she married. With this information I then found a baptism for Elizabeth 29 Apr 1821 same church residence consistent with marriage, fathers name and occupation also match (source freereg). This gave the mother as Ann. I think there were two more brothers born to this marriage both called John one born 1815 one born 1820.

The later brother I think I have managed to chase through the census returns through to 1881. Now it would seem that in 1851 John has his mother living with him - Hannah Field born 1778. But this is a second marriage as there is also a half brother living with the family (in addition to his wife’s family!!). If my logic and reasoning is correct so far this means that Hannah is also Elizabeth’s mother so a direct ancestor.

This is the point that I get lost. I found a William Field born on igi born 1821 Smethwick - dates a little out but mothers name and place consistent with 1851 census. Great I thought until I realised that there were other children born to this family. The first of which was born in 1816. William’s half brother and sister were born in 1820 and 1821 so this could not be the correct family.

Please could someone check my logic and try and help me work out who was Hannah second husband was and find a marriage. Also, I am trying to work out what Hannah (or Ann’s) maiden name was. I did find a marriage between John Fletcher and Ann Parker which might be her first marriage (30 Jun 1810 St Peters Wolverhampton).

All help will be most appreciated

Sandra
Working...
X