Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mother refused to give the name and rank of the Father!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mother refused to give the name and rank of the Father!

I've been looking through the LMA records on ancestry and have found this:

I wonder what happened here. At the moment I haven't looked into her family - the groom is a distant rellie of mine but I will look into it to see if she was illegitimate.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

The mother of the bride refused to name her daughter's father ? How interesting there must be a tale or two behind that. It something I have never seen before, mostly the father is just left blank

Di
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

You can just see the poor blushing bride sadly admitting that to the vicar, and the Reverend being in a bit of a mood writing exactly that on the cert.

Comment

I have visions of the bride turning to her mother in the church saying "What was Dad's name and job." and the mother refusing to say anything and plonking herself down in the pew.

LOL

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Working...
        X