PDA

View Full Version : 1851 census help please

Cherry Too
21-09-09, 19:19
Hi i only have fmp so could someone possibly check 1851 census Devon for the birthplace of a George james in Okehampton a tailor born c1801(from 1841 census0 wife Betty and the birthplace of a John James in Okehampton a carpenter born c17969from 1841 census) wife Elizabeth

thank you i am trying to establish if they belong to my oh James family from Okehampton.

CherryToo

GallowayLass
21-09-09, 19:26
Stow, Gloucestershire for the George James c.1801

GallowayLass
21-09-09, 19:27
Stow on the Wold, Gloucestershire for the John James c.1796 wife Elizabeth but he's not a carpenter, he's a clerk to Attorney. His widowed father is also there called Richard and ag.lab/land drainer

Cherry Too
21-09-09, 20:32
oh thats not what i expected and will now have to look more closely at these James,s , Could you possibly give me the details of John James and his father Richard so i might be able to tie them with my oh James

GallowayLass
22-09-09, 14:59
oh thats not what i expected and will now have to look more closely at these James,s , Could you possibly give me the details of John James and his father Richard so i might be able to tie them with my oh James

ok - give me 5 mins

GallowayLass
22-09-09, 15:18
Address Mill Street, Okehampton (no street number on page)

JAMES, John Head Marr. age 56 Clerk to Attorney born Stow on the Wold, Gloucestershire
JAMES, Elizabeth Wife Marr. age 52 Domestic duties born Okehampton, Devon
JAMES, Maria Dau. Unm. age 19 Dressmaker born Okehampton, Devon
JAMES John James Son Unm. age 17 Tailor's apprentice born Okehampton, Devon
JAMES, George Son Unm. age 14 Druggist's apprentice born Okehampton, Devon
JAMES, William H. Son Unm. age 11 Scholar born Okehampton, Devon
JAMES, Richard Father Widower age 93 formerly ag.lab/land drainer born Donnington, Gloucestershire
JAMES, Louisa Dau. Unm. age 9 Scholar (no birthplace given on page but transcription has assumed Okehampton, Devon

This couple are not on later censuses in Okehampton

Cherry Too
22-09-09, 17:31
Thank you so much i just have to lay out all the facts and try and decide if they do belong to my oh James family. was just not expecting them to possibly be from Gloustershire as a long way from Devon. Might be asking for opinions later.

CherryToo