1851 census help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1851 census help please

Hi i only have fmp so could someone possibly check 1851 census Devon for the birthplace of a George james in Okehampton a tailor born c1801(from 1841 census0 wife Betty and the birthplace of a John James in Okehampton a carpenter born c17969from 1841 census) wife Elizabeth

thank you i am trying to establish if they belong to my oh James family from Okehampton.

CherryToo

Stow, Gloucestershire for the George James c.1801
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 21-09-09, 19:26. Reason: oops

Comment

Stow on the Wold, Gloucestershire for the John James c.1796 wife Elizabeth but he's not a carpenter, he's a clerk to Attorney. His widowed father is also there called Richard and ag.lab/land drainer
      Last edited by GallowayLass; 21-09-09, 19:36. Reason: addition

Comment

oh thats not what i expected and will now have to look more closely at these James,s , Could you possibly give me the details of John James and his father Richard so i might be able to tie them with my oh James

Comment

Originally posted by Cherry Too View Post
          oh thats not what i expected and will now have to look more closely at these James,s , Could you possibly give me the details of John James and his father Richard so i might be able to tie them with my oh James
          ok - give me 5 mins

Comment

Address Mill Street, Okehampton (no street number on page)

JAMES, John Head Marr. age 56 Clerk to Attorney born Stow on the Wold, Gloucestershire
            JAMES, Elizabeth Wife Marr. age 52 Domestic duties born Okehampton, Devon
            JAMES, Maria Dau. Unm. age 19 Dressmaker born Okehampton, Devon
            JAMES John James Son Unm. age 17 Tailor's apprentice born Okehampton, Devon
            JAMES, George Son Unm. age 14 Druggist's apprentice born Okehampton, Devon
            JAMES, William H. Son Unm. age 11 Scholar born Okehampton, Devon
            JAMES, Richard Father Widower age 93 formerly ag.lab/land drainer born Donnington, Gloucestershire
            JAMES, Louisa Dau. Unm. age 9 Scholar (no birthplace given on page but transcription has assumed Okehampton, Devon

This couple are not on later censuses in Okehampton
            Last edited by GallowayLass; 22-09-09, 15:25. Reason: addition

Comment

Thank you so much i just have to lay out all the facts and try and decide if they do belong to my oh James family. was just not expecting them to possibly be from Gloustershire as a long way from Devon. Might be asking for opinions later.

CherryToo

Comment

Working...
              X