Blasdales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blasdales

Jane Brown married John Blasdale Jan 1 1854 in Leicester. She died in 1858. I cannot find any trace of John apart from in the 1841 census, when he is with his family, father Thomas, mother Catherine and siblings Mary and Robert, surname spelt Blasedale in Leicester.

Can anyone find any more sightings of the Blasdales - I was wondering if Jane and John had any children.

Thanks

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

possible re marriage
    Leicester 1860 vol 7a page 249
    John Blasdale
    Susannah Blecksley
    Henrietta Forman
    Samuel Sharpe
    Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

haven't found any children yet - when and where was John born?
      Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

John was born in Leicester in 1831. Sorry can't get more precise than that. I don't know if John and Jane did have children - I was speculating whether maybe she died in childbirth, or if they had had and earlier child as they had been married 4 years. Thanks for the possible remarriage - will see if I can track down with the new wife.

Linda
        Linda

Comment

Thank you Jean, I managed to track him down now - He was born in Birmingham,not Leicester as stated on the 1841 census. In 1861 he and Harrietta are in Leicester, surname Blesdale. In 1871 they now have 6 little Bleasdales and are still in Leicester, and by 1881 Henrietta is a widow. However it looks as though there were no children from the first marriage.

Thanks again

Linda
          Linda

Comment

oh good - there is a death jun 1872 leicester john blasdale aged 40 which fits in
            Leicester 7a129
            Jean

Comment

I think you will see that in the 1841 census they are all stated as NOT born in the county, However there are alot of Blasdales in Nottinghamshire too. :smilee:
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Sorry about that - I do have some difficulty distinguishing between some of the "Y"s and "N"s on the 1941 censuses.

Linda
                Linda

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                  Sorry about that - I do have some difficulty distinguishing between some of the "Y"s and "N"s on the 1941 censuses.

Linda
                  thats perfectly ok, I just didnt know whether you had actually seen the image or not :o
                  Julie

Comment

it looks like John & Jane are buried in Welford Road Cemetery.

Jane Blasdale aged 25 at death buried 17th Jan 1858
                    John Bleasdale aged 40 at death buried 22 May 1872

they look to be buried in different plots, but cant be sure as no plot number is given.

hope this helps :smilee:
                    Julie

Comment

oh there 'might' have been a child too, Ada Bleasdale, she died aged 7mths. buried 5th oct 1866. WRC
                      Julie

Comment

Thanks Julie, I do know that Jane was buried with her mother, in plot E710 (I wonder if its still possible to find it?) in the cemetery, but didn't know about her husband. Jane was my great great aunt, and I was speculating on whether she might have had children, but it now looks as if she didn't. I think that Ada would have been from the second marriage as she was born some time after Janes death.

Thnaks all for your help.

PS How did you find the burial details by the way - is it on a website?

Linda
                        Linda

Comment

they might be on FMP but I have the NBI (national burial index) and they are there on that, I also believe that there is a seperate CD for Welford Road Cemetery from Leicstershire & Rutland FHS.

I will pm you Linda.
                          Julie

Comment

I just googled Welford Road Cemetery - it looks fascinating. Have to take a visit up there some time.

Linda
                            Linda

Comment

I havent been there myself Linda, though i'm told it is a big cemetery.
                              Julie

Comment

Working...
                              X