FTM 2006 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2006 issues

My 89 year old cousin in Australia has managed to accidentally delete FTM 2006 which had been installed on his desktop by his son.
    Because he did not uninstall it correctly, when he tries to reinstall it, he has been getting a load of errors and the program is wanting to repair or modify the program.
    I suggested to him that he download CCleaner and run the registry option to remove all stray dll files and any other issues that would have occurred from previous installations of other programs, and he has done this, but he says he can't get FTM2006 to reinstall correctly now.
    Anybody got any other ideas as to how to fix this? He also says he accnot add/remove program now via normal route anyway. My only other thought is to get him to run CCleaner again and go into the part that allows you to remove unused programs, re-run the registry part, and then start again.

Advice welcome.

Has he tried to uninstall using the FTM installation disc?
    When you insert the disk and select install, you then get the option to Modify, Repair or Remove.
    Selecting Remove should delete any old FTM files still left on the computer.

Once he has done that then he can try to reinstall afresh.
    Elaine

Comment

Asked him about this, he says

tries to install from front page = asks me to modify, repair or remove – all without success.

So none of those options will work. Wondering therefore if add/remove via CCleaner will get rid of what's left, plus maybe run the registry remove again?

I can't think of anything else.
      I think I will ask if it throws up any errors to say such and such a file is missing.

Oh he has really screwed it up, good and proper.

Comment

would doing a system restore undo the partial removal?
        Rose

Comment

Working...
        X