joseph morton b.1840

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joseph morton b.1840

i cant seem to find this guy on the census after 1851. can anyone help?

1841- 36 crown st, st anne soho, westminster.
    ref- ho 107, piece 730, book 3

1851- 3 blunden row, st peter walworth, newington.
    ref-ho 107, piece 1567, folio 730, page 45.

this is a good possibility because his mother is in the same st:
    1871- flint st, st mary newington.
    rg 10, piece 619, folio 128, page 45.
    (i havnt written the ref for this one, so i assume its the same as his mother)

this one is married to an eliza, with her niece, but i cant locate a marriage, or been able to trace the niece to see how eliza is an aunt. they dont have kids yet, and i would like to see if this one can be found later!

but i cant find him in 1861, or after 1871. there is a joseph morton in 1911 b.1840, hes in shoreditch, with a death ref in 1921, which seems to be the same man as 1911. whether he is my joseph, i have no idea, as i cant identify him anywhere near 1911!!

I have found a Joseph Morton born 1840 for 1861, but I wouldn't know if he is yours!

RG number: RG09 Piece: 350 Folio: 49 Page: 13

Registration District: Lambeth
    Sub District: 2 Waterloo Road Second
    Ecclesiastical Parish: St Thomas

Civil Parish: Lambeth
    Address: 3, Pave Courts, Lambeth

He is married and a Coach Turner born St Giles Middlesex
    His wife is Ann born St Andrews Middlesex
    They have two boarders with them
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

he looks interesting elizabeth! my joseph's father was a coach trimmer, so it may fit. can he be found later?
      Last edited by kylejustin; 21-09-09, 11:45.

Comment

the only marriage i can see to an anne is in 1850, shoreditch. to anne batson.

Comment

Do you have access to the records, Kyle?

If not:
          25th August
          Joseph Morton Full Age Gas Fitter Resident at New Union Street Father Joseph Morton Brush Maker
          Ann Batson Full Age Resident at New Union Street Father John Batson Frame Work Knitter

Of course, that can't be the correct one if he was born in 1840!
          Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 21-09-09, 12:51.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

no i dont have access to ancestry. thank you for helping! he must have married in 1860, or early 1861 then. so that marriage musnt be it.the occupation of the one you found in 1861 is a good fit, but so is the one in flint st in 1871! oh, i just wish i could figure him out! him and his brother stephen, give me no end of headaches!

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
              Do you have access to the records, Kyle?

If not:
              25th August
              Joseph Morton Full Age Gas Fitter Resident at New Union Street Father Joseph Morton Brush Maker
              Ann Batson Full Age Resident at New Union Street Father John Batson Frame Work Knitter

Of course, that can't be the correct one if he was born in 1840!
              it might also be noted that a FWK is predominantly an occupation that was in the east midlands, mainly Nottinghamshire/Leicestershire.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
              X