LMA lookup if no one minds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMA lookup if no one minds

i just found the deaths of two richard mortons in 1853, and 1856. can someone please give me the details? im not sure which one if any, is my richard.

hi kylejustin

Richard Morton d 1856 - 10 Feb 1856, age 48 years (born c 1808) of Neate St, St GEorge Camberwell,
    Richard Morton d 1853 - 10 Jun 1853, age 82 (b1771) of the Workshouse, St Peter Walworth.

Does either of these help ? - neither record gives their occupation.

Di
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Richard Morton
      Abode: Workhouse
      Date: June 10th 1853
      St Peter Walworth Southwark

Richard Morton
      Abode: Neate? Street
      Date: Feb 10th 1856
      Saint George, Camberwell, Southwark
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

thankyou both. turns out i sent for the wrong cert! i ordered the death for 1853, it fitted, being in newington, but my richard should be 46 then, so the 1856 death looks more likely based on age, but i cant think why my richard would be in camberwell, when his family stayed in the st peter walworth district until 1881.i thought the address for the 1856 one could be fleet st? but i havnt seen the image.
        im not sure if the second one is mine, i might have to order it and see.

Comment

i cant find neet/neat st on google maps, nor any other addresses they lived at except for merrow st and flint st in southwark. its so annoying when the streets get renamed or developed!

Comment

There's a Neate (with an e on the end) Street in Camberwell and its still there

neate street camberwell - Google Maps
            Jackie

Comment

Kyle, I googled "Neate Street Camberwell" and came up with this:

"Neate Street Camberwell" - Google Maps

There are also other results you may be interested in.
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:
              England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
              Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

thank you for finding that! the nearest i can find for the 1861 address, st andrews place, is st andrews close. is it possibly the same address? the modern st andrews pl is in marylebone, but st andrews close is in camberwell.
                in 1871 his wife was at flint st, and in 1891, his daughter was merrow st.
                the 1881 address was 145 trafalgar st.

Comment

Working...
                X