I'm as happy as a dog with two tails!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm as happy as a dog with two tails!

On LMA records on Ancestry I've found baptisms for 2 of my grandmother's brothers, been searching for years!

Also, mystery Robins girl (daughter of that elusive James) who appears on one census as Caroline and another as Emily and then disappears - I've got her marriage with father James and his occupation paper stainer and her sister and her husband with rare surname are witnesses so I know its right!

hurrah!

off to search more, sooooo excited!;):Big Grin:
    Last edited by Little Nell; 20-09-09, 19:37.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

I have found loads but Ancestry is not playing with me tonight, it logged me out and now I can't get back in.

Comment

Woo hoo

just found elusive Emily's baptism - misrecorded in the original register surname as Roberts, but the parents names (mum was Priscilla so that's not that common) and family address is right and the date is spot on!

Comment

Well done Nell

Comment

Aren't these new records great.

I found a Thomas Haines this morning who I have been looking for for years. found his marriage and thanks to his fathers occupation I can confirm its the right Thomas.

Sadly he has given me stress since I found him (see my other thread!!!)

So glad you have finally suceeded in finding what you have been looking for
          Vikki -
          Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

oh lovely,.. see good things come to those that wait :smilee:
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

didn't just wait, went through umpteen microfilms at the LMA searchrooms over many years!!!

Comment

I loooove a happy ending :Big Grin:

Well done, Nell, really pleased for you.

Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Great news Nell.

Have no direct line in the area :F But have found the brother of a 3 x great grandfather & his family who were tailors so i'm happy to find something.
                  Jay

Comment

I know how you feel, tho' my huntings were less critical. I had OH's Gx2-g-father, James's, marriage to his Gx2-g-mother in 1853; but he was a widower, and I'd failed to find him in 1841 or 1851, presuming he was probably at sea (other records made that reasonable-ish).

Well I found TWO marriages: 1840 and 1849. I also found him in 1841. He's acquired a temporary middle name for those two marriages - one which may prove to be a useful clue later, because it's a surname. It's definitely right, because his father's name is very unusual, and the occupations click.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                    X