Thomas Chaloner - Susannah Boole, Lincolnshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Chaloner - Susannah Boole, Lincolnshire

George Boole Chaloner was born in 1811 in Lincoln, & has parents Thomas Chaloner and Susannah. It would be a reasonable assumption that Susannah had the surname Boole.

I have found LDS records for the christening of a Susannah Boole(1772) and siblings John(1777) & Mary(1779) to parents George Boole & Mary Brown at Broxholme, Lincolnshire. However, I cannot find any record of a marriage of a Susannah Boole to a Chaloner.

There are 4 Public Member Trees on Ancestry which show Thomas Chaloner married to Susannah Boole, but none of them give any date or justification for this assumption.

Thomas Chaloner & Susannah had 6 children with LDS records of christening in Lincoln, but none of these show Susannah's maiden name.

Any comments or suggestions as to alternative sources of information for Lincolnshire marriage records would be gratefully received.

Regards,

John Bennett

There's a section in the Wiki for Lincolnshire which has several links that may be useful

Lincolnshire - Family Tree Forum
    Jackie

Comment

Thank you Jackie.

I had a quick browse without finding any hits, but I shall dig deeper in the next week or so.

Regards,

John Bennett

Comment

John, I googled and found this:

RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project: BOOLE and others in England, Ireland,USA & Australia

There is no marriage location given, but it might be worth contacting them.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Susannah Boole Marriage.

Thank you Elizabeth,

The marriage date looks very specific.

I shall contact the Aussie Gent for the source of his info.

Regards,

John Bennett

Comment

Hi, somewhere in all my info I have a photocopy of a page from a family bible that gives details of the marriage of Thomas Chaloner and Susannah Boole which I can look out and double check. The details I have put into my tree are marriage date 21st September 1797 at St Peter's in Eastgate, Lincoln. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X