Looking for a death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a death

Can anyone find a listing for the death of Ellen Heddle, Maiden name Calder please.

She was born in Olrig in 1861, married William Baillie in 1881, then David Heddle in 1908. She went to live in Kirkwall, Orkneys in 1908. I think she was dead by the early 1930's. I can find no trace on either Scotlands People or BMD.

Thanks

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

There are some searchable kirkyards/cemetries here
    GENUKI: Rousay and Egilsay, with Wyre
    Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Well - this is a mystery - I have had a good look on Scotlands People but no sign of her death. I will keep at it.
      Any chance she went abroad? Or any other clues?
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Not really - I think that David ended up with one of his stepdaughters somewhere in the north of England - I have a postcard sent to him from Kirkwall when someone went on holiday there in the early 30's. I know the family was still in Kirkwall in 1918 as OH's grandmother was married there then. Ellen Heddle is listed on the marriage certificate so I think she was still alive then (September 1918). That is everything I have.

Linda
        Linda

Comment

Oh I just remembered - even though she was called Ellen on all documents and censuses, she was christened Helen.

Linda
          Linda

Comment

Orkney family history researchers have Heddle in Kirkwall listed
            GENUKI: Orkney Family History Researchers
            Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

I think I just found her in the indexes - mar 1938 in Northumberland South. Age matches and everything. Now I have to find out why she was in Northumberland!! Thanks for all your help anyway.

Linda
              Linda

Comment

Working...
              X