Jarrow Durham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarrow Durham

I have a Mary Clark bc 1841 in Jarrow in Durham. On FreeBMD for the area of Jarrow it is stated as from 1974. What area of Durham would Jarrow have been in before 1974 - there are a lot of Mary Clarks born in Durham around that time and I'd like to try and narrow them down!

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

1837 - 1894 - was in South Shields registration district.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine - that cuts it down to 6.

Linda
      Linda

Comment

If you find the SOUTHTYNESIDE site you can search the BMD from the Jarrow Registry Office. (computer problem so cannot look it up, sorry) Find the site and look down the right hand menu. I believe it's the second bottom one.

Comment

This link might be useful.

Register Office | South Tyneside
          Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Thanks for that - it's now down to 3 Mary Clarks born in Jarrow in 1840.

Linda
            Linda

Comment

There is a Jarrow new site. It has just recently opened. There's not a lot of genealogy on it yet, but I'm sure someone could help if you posted your inquiry. Jarrowlife.co.uk

Comment

Linda is you know your Mary Clark's parents contact South Tyneside Register Office direct who will be able to confirm which, if any is the one your looking for.
                Jay

Comment

Thanks Jay - I do know her parents, though not her mothers maiden name yet, so that would help, especially as on reviewing all the census info again. I'm now not 100% sure of which year she was born.

Linda
                  Linda

Comment

Working...
                  X