WDWTYA October Participants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDWTYA October Participants

Who Do We Think You Are? is a competition set up by Family Tree Forum to help members who are struggling with a "brick wall" in their family tree.

Each Thursday at about 9pm a member is selected from the list of participants. The winner is given a sticky thread (one that will remain at the top of the Research Qs & As board) where they can post whatever problems they are having with their tree. The thread will remain at the top of the board for one week during which time our helpful membership will try to unravel that problem.

A new list of participants will be compiled each month and it will be from these members that the winners for the following month will be chosen. Names are chosen by random selection.

Best of luck everyone!!!

~~~~~~~

If you would like to be included in the WDWTYA? draw for each of the four Thursdays commencing 1st October 2009, please add a post to this thread.

If you are not selected this month then keep an eye out for next month's thread and add your name again!

Thanks and good luck!
    Jen

My Skinner/Smith brickwall

Hi Jennie. My direct Skinner/Smith line from Kent to Australia really needs a lot of help. They are my 3rd Great grandparents. John George Skinner born abt 1809 and Sarah jane Smith born 1813 both from Halstead in Kent. i do know they came to Australia on the 'Orleana' from London in1840.

Also my 2nd great grandfather on my mothers side was John Richard Golley (Born 24 Feb 1828 in Veryan Cornwall) from Gorran in Cornwall. All I know about him was he departed from Plymouth on the ship 'Lord Raglan' 13 Nov 1855 and arrived in Sth Australia on 7/2 1856 with Sarah Curnow Elizabeth Cardell.
    John and Sarah were married in 1855 in Stoke Damerel Devinshire
    I have a lot on Sarah Cardell (going back to William Cardell born 1574 Perranzabuloe, Cornwall, England and dying abt 1634) but nothing more about John Richard Golley's parents etc.
    Terri Brown
    Brisbane
    Last edited by terribrown; 22-09-09, 00:09.

Comment

Please include me in Octobers draw.

Comment

Please can I be included in the draw.

Thank you
        Linda x

Comment

would love to be included in the draw!

Comment

"Me too", please

Comment

Hi

Is it too late to add my name to the draw?

I'd love some help/discussion on my one of my brick walls.

The problem is which one! .... Thanks
              Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Hi Jennie. After my big writeup for inclusion in the October draw - I will be away for the month so please do not include me in the draw. Terri Brown

Comment

Working...
                X