West Ham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Ham

I am looking for the baptismal record for a Bertha White born 1896 in Forest Gate Father John mother MaudI beleive this came under Essex. Has anyone any ideas please

Margaret

West Ham would come under Essex then.

Where are you looking? Ancestry LMA?

They won't be there.

But they'd be on the Ancestry BMD.

Edit to say: Bertha is there on Ancestry Vol 4a Page 191 its probably on FreeBMD its registered in 1897 not 1896 so I expect you'd need to get the cert to indentify the church for baptism.
    Last edited by Guest; 18-09-09, 12:04.

Comment

I am looking for a cousin who lives in Australia he has her birth certifciate but was lookinf for where she was baptised thankyou

Margaret

Comment

The baptism records for some of the churches in Forest Gate are at the Essex Records Office

You can check whether any likely ones are there at Seax - Essex Ancestors
        Robert

Comment

Originally posted by maggiemay View Post
          I am looking for a cousin who lives in Australia he has her birth certifciate but was lookinf for where she was baptised thankyou

Margaret
          You could try looking on Freereg FreeREG - Search UK Parish Register Indices

But thats a bit hit and miss, what is the address of the birth? I'd go from there and work out the nearest churches!

Comment

Originally posted by rkic View Post
            The baptism records for some of the churches in Forest Gate are at the Essex Records Office

You can check whether any likely ones are there at Seax - Essex Ancestors
            Oh yeah there is that site too although I find the search method very unfriendly.

Comment

According to Seax they hold records for All Saints, Emmanuel, St James, St Marks and St Saviours for the relevant period.

I agree that the search could be easier
              Last edited by rkic; 18-09-09, 12:20. Reason: to add Emmanuel, must be getting to old to type!
              Robert

Comment

maggiemay

I would ask your cousin in Australia for the address on the birth cert and you can from there.

Comment

Thank you all very much just looking at the 1901 census when she was 3years old it says Upton Park St. Stephen

Margaret

Comment

I expect that is where she was baptised then. At St Stephens at least its a place to start.

If you look at that link rkic posted and search - the Essex archives have the baptism records for Upton Park St Stephens. I don't know where you live but I think you can order them online and then go along to look through them.

Comment

Working...
                    X