Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any Ancestry subscription offers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any Ancestry subscription offers?

Hi

I've been reading the threads about the LMA on Ancestry now.

I allowed my monthly membership to lapse late last year as it was expensive and I had done most of my look ups.

Now there are fresh records on there, I want to renew so does anyone know of any money off offers?

Thanks

Jeannie

Also, what level of membership is needed to view the LMA records?

Thanks very much

Jeannie

Comment

Jeannie,

I'm not sure if you can view LMA records with the Essentials membership package, can you not try the 14 free trial? ...
      You can view the record on Premium membership.

Steve
      Steve.
      Researching;Fitzjohn:Crouch:Parker:Howlett ;)

Comment

You can't view the LMA records with the basic package :(.

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade to Premium now there's more of them on there.

Comment

I am thinking about taking out a months membership & blitz the records that I need then. I cheked & it is £12.95 for a month on the premium package, which isn't too bad.
          Lynn

Comment

That sound a good deal to me......I can see a couple of late nights/early mornings coming up !!

Steve.
            Steve.
            Researching;Fitzjohn:Crouch:Parker:Howlett ;)

Comment

think of the money you save on certs though ?? I have saved hundreds in two days

Comment

Sorry to sound thick but can anyone tell me what these records are please.
                Do they cover certain years and why do they save you getting a certificate?
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

At least at library I use you can see them, use a memory stick or most will print out for you

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                    Sorry to sound thick but can anyone tell me what these records are please.
                    Do they cover certain years and why do they save you getting a certificate?
                    They're parish records from the London Metropolitan Archives. Includes marriages, baptisms, burials and some poor law records. The latest ones that everyone is raving about are brilliant if you've got London ancestors. They're indexed (the earlier ones weren't) so you can search by name etc.

If your London families are anything like mine they moved every couple of years and there are so many churches in London that its difficult to pin them down. I've spent most of the last 2 days finding stuff and I haven't finished yet (I've warned the family that they'll have to look after themselves :Big Grin

The marriage entries are the same as would be on a marriage cert so that's £7 saved for each one. I think the premium package is about £24 more than essentials so for me it was well worth the extra
                    Jackie

Comment

My Ancestry package expires in November so I too would be interested in any deals. If there are none then I'll probably cancel the subscription.

Comment

Thank you Jackie :smilee:
                        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I had the essential package which expired - I decided to take out the monthly premium package for £12.95, and was delighted to be given 14 day free trial, If I get all my searching done in that time it hasn't cost me a penny
                          Vikki -
                          Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Please note:Jeannie has 2 n's :smilee:
                            If it's to be, it's up to me.
                            Searching for:
                            English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

I have 14-day free trial for Ancestry. Can you tell me how I access the LMA records please?

Comment

Try these links Kathy.

London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906

London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980

London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921

London, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812

The first three have been indexed, so you can search by name, but the last one you have to select a parish and year and scroll through the scanned pages.
                                Elaine

Comment

Many thanks Elaine.

Comment

Many thanks to everyone for replying - I think I will try the 14 day trial first and try to get everything looked at (never mind the house work for the next 2 weeks!)

And yes, Jeanie, I'm Jeannie with 2 'n's - I've been told its a Scottish name but I haven't found any Scottish ancestors yet!

Jeannie

Comment

Working...
                                    X