LMA Deaths & Burials look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMA Deaths & Burials look up please

I have found the names of 3 of my grandmother's siblings on the London Deaths & Burials, but my membership won't let me access the details :(
    I'd be very grateful if somebody could look up for the details for me please.

Walter Percival Newman Carsons 1890
    Lilian Eveline Maud Carsons 1892
    William John Frank Carsons 1899

Thank you very much.

Also a quick question. There were 3 more siblings who were born & died in 1888, 1894, and 1904 but these are not listed on this database. How complete are these records, does anyone know? These babies were all registered and I found them on Free BMD. Could it be that there were no burials for these poor babies, but there were for the above babies? Was there a minimum age limit for burial -say if the 3 unknown babies died at birth, but the above listed lived for up to 1 year?
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Originally posted by LangleyValeSue View Post
    I have found the names of 3 of my grandmother's siblings on the London Deaths & Burials, but my membership won't let me access the details :(
    I'd be very grateful if somebody could look up for the details for me please.

Walter Percival Newman Carsons 1890
    Lilian Eveline Maud Carsons 1892
    William John Frank Carsons 1899

Thank you very much.

Also a quick question. There were 3 more siblings who were born & died in 1888, 1894, and 1904 but these are not listed on this database. How complete are these records, does anyone know? These babies were all registered and I found them on Free BMD. Could it be that there were no burials for these poor babies, but there were for the above babies? Was there a minimum age limit for burial -say if the 3 unknown babies died at birth, but the above listed lived for up to 1 year?
    Hang on a tick I'll get them for you. Send me a pm with your email address.
    Margaret
    Last edited by margaretmarch; 16-09-09, 09:09.

Comment

The database is described as follows:-
      About London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980
      This data collection consists of death and burial records from Board of Guardian Poor Law records and from more than 10,000 Church of England parish registers in the greater London area. The Board of Guardian records cover the years 1834-1906 while the parish registers cover the years 1813-1980.
      Margaret

Comment

Lilian Eveline Maud - buried 18 feb 1892 @ St Mary Putney. Transcription says aged 18 mths but original looks more like 13 mths.
        Walter Percival Newman - buried 28 Aug 1890 @ St Mary putney. aged 7mths
        William John frank - buried 12 Aug 1899 @ St Mary Putney. Aged 6mths.
        All above listed as living in Putney - no further address details.

As for the other children, I don't think these records include municipal cemetery records so maybe they are in one of those?
        Sue

Comment

Margaret

I have sent you a PM.

Sue
          Thank you so much for those details. The family were still living in the area for all except the youngest child's birth. I think I'll have to send for at least one of the death certificates to see if it will give me any more information.

Thank you both once again
          My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Working...
          X