Advice wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice wanted

Checking on one of my rellies on Ancestry, someone has done an update on him to change his name. They have added him to their tree, but they have the wrong person - mine is five years younger and born in another county, and has completely different children. When I did a check, I found her relation large as life, with the correct name, wife and child.

Do you think I should contact her and tell her or would this look too pushy?
    And how can I stop the amendment from happening?

Thanks

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

I think you should contact her and detail how she's made an error. She could have just been guessing. I don't think you can stop the amendment though, I think you would just have to go and amend it again yourself.
    Lisa

Comment

To be honest you can have a try but if someone is determined that they are correct then it can be very difficult to change their mind.
      This has happened a few times with me. I even sent one the original certs but still he has a tree on the web with the wives mixed up and the children attributed to the wrong mums. In my case the error is as clear as anything and others have verified I am correct but still his tree is on the web for others to copy.:F
      On the other hand I contacted someone else about an error and they thanked me and quickly changed their information.
      So fingers crossed that you will have luck - most people are nice, I think, and if you word your contact nicely and show your evidence then maybe they will see their error and change things.
      Good luck.:smilee:
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I did get in touch with her, and got a very nice reply back, and she has sorted everything out. Great result.

Linda
        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Good news that you got it sorted out.
          herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Working...
          X